What's new

Holts

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
If you can pull the trigger on this without taking food off the table or neglecting any other financial commitments, then you are simply a man who knows what he likes and can afford to go after it. The overall value to you on this may be 22 occasions to experience a taste of 'N'irvana. Some guys pay $20 for a lap dance that gives them 8 minutes of the big 'N'. Let us know!
Sam

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
If you can pull the trigger on this without taking food off the table or neglecting any other financial commitments, then you are simply a man who knows what he likes and can afford to go after it. The overall value to you on this may be 22 occasions to experience a taste of 'N'irvana. Some guys pay $20 for a lap dance that gives them 8 minutes of the big 'N'. Let us know!
Sam

Damn, Sam has such a way with words. Now I want them! lol.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
For me, the GOF would be my style, since I have tried one, but the Opus 22??? Never had one of the cigars in that set so I can't say. But I know how rare they are. Thankfully, I'm in a situation where all it will hurt is how early I get my car paid off. I've had a few grants come in from school (teaching) so I have a few extra bucks.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Some guys pay $20 for a lap dance that gives them 8 minutes of the big 'N'.
8 minutes?! Sheesh, I have gone to the wrong establishments.

$750 could buy some damn fine cigars...but if Opus is your thang, go for it. Life is short. Smoke what you enjoy. (Personally, I don't buy humi queens. If I don't intend to burn it, I ain't buying it)

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
For me, the GOF would be my style, since I have tried one, but the Opus 22??? Never had one of the cigars in that set so I can't say. But I know how rare they are. Thankfully, I'm in a situation where all it will hurt is how early I get my car paid off. I've had a few grants come in from school (teaching) so I have a few extra bucks.
Oh dear God bro, send me that kind of cash and I'll blow your doors off the hinges with real vintage smokes :angeryell
Besides, who cares about Opus 22? And WTF is it?

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Oh dear God bro, send me that kind of cash and I'll blow your doors off the hinges with real vintage smokes :angeryell
Besides, who cares about Opus 22? And WTF is it?
i would take him up on that.

i've looked at this set many times, but I rather buy so many other boxes of smokes for that money.
3 boxes monti #2, 5 boxes tatuaje noella, 3 boxes unicos, 2.5 boxes of cojonu 06 or also padron 64 diplomatico maduro, about 5 boxes of just about anything pepin....................PSD4's man......

listen, buy what you like and if you want them go for it.
on this other cigar forum that riquires a "pass" (HEHE), CHECK UNDER one of the categories, one guy there has the set and is reviewing each as he smokes them.

to me, just not worth it, i'd take one for no more than $450

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It pains me to see 'DEALS' like these. Opus is a fav of mine but I can't get my hands on any in my area. I refuse to pay 30+$ for a single stick as these sticks are supposed to retail for $10 - $12 each. I know this is a rare set and all, but the fact is there are pallets of these damn things at Casa Fuente just sitting -so there is no limited supply.

That said- to me these would be special occasion smokes and if i really wanted them I would pop for them cause life is too short man. Also, as a side note Diamond Crown Maximus tastes like aged opus imho and u can get 2-3 boxes for that price with much more availability.

Jay

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Sam
:yes:

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Wow, i was a bit intoxicated last night......still, the Opus looks extremely overpriced and I recently smoked a GOF and thought that was an overpriced experience as well. Of course the one I had was from 2004 so I'm sure others will say that it needed more age!?!

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
The Opus 22 may be a little more than I want, but dang, when am I going to get a shot at one of those. I'm considering the GOFs pretty hard. I'll have to see how things come about.