What's new

Holy Crap (Overkill)

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
WOW...that's the same cooler I'm thinking of buying (Avanti 28 bottle thermoelectric) but I don't have any plans to go THAT crazy with modifying it.

Oh, and as I looked through the pics, I kept hearing Xzibit's voice in my head saying, "You've officially been Pimped!"

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Any links with descriptions of what he did etc??

Looks like some serious fan work went into it

Frank N

CFL
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Ok, I'm usually pretty good at figuring out shit on my own, but why the ricer lights? Just to look cool? What color are they and does that serve a purpose also?

<------ Color Blind

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I wonder how difficult it would be to do a good job like that on the lining and whatnot (with the exception of the lights, etc. - not my style) without a circular / band saw or other necessities...

I can't imagine how difficult it would be if I tried it with a dremel and hand tools. Maybe I will anyway.

Frank N

CFL
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I think with a good miter box and the right saw, it would not be too bad. You could probably do a cleaner job (not a knock on him) by had just with taking your time.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I agree; the wood does seem to take up a lot of the room, including the giant shelves.

If I do buy one of these units, the only thing I would want to do is add one or two shelves (thinner than what he used) to make accessing boxes easier, and of course pick up one of the external temp regulators. But if the unit is holding temp and humidity in the mid 60's, then I figure all I'd need to do is keep cigars in their original cedar boxes. The rest of the wood is pointless...IMHO, anyways.