What's new

Holy Grail

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Ahh, the sweet reward for painstakingly aging your cigars to perfection. Often sought, but rarely found, the botl unicorn. I am of course taking about PLUME!!!

3DBAAF16-4C13-4CAE-863B-F8D188C91310.jpeg

Beautiful PLUME!

6C41946A-E19A-48EC-A26B-7A4C2E1674F3.jpeg
CB087B4B-F860-442D-8DF1-B82E38C3BED3.jpeg

Sweet delicious PLUME!

6AC2B744-9A08-43B8-BA1B-A2C4574353B3.jpeg

My god, I’m salivating over all this PLUME!

508B7F08-3627-40DF-BCA9-832AD3BB19F9.jpeg

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
All joking aside. You may have become complacent. You may think it can never happen to you. You assume you are in the clear, after all, these very cigars have been sitting in your humidor for 6 months with no issues. Your humidity and temperature is well maintained, so of course you have nothing to worry about.

The truth is, you are never safe, it’s always there, lying dormant, waiting for the most unexpected time to strike. Like cancer, your best defense is early detection so you can eradicate it before it spreads.

Remain vigilant my friends.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Interestingly enough, all of these were bought at the same time, from the same vendor, and the boxes were stacked together in my wineador.

To my horror, on the shelf directly above these, maybe 1/2” away was a stack of lirio rojo, tabernacle, las calaveras, and some other precious un-celloed NCs. Luckily they all passed inspection.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Hah! The only way to preserve the plume is to wipe it and purify by fire.

Sent from The Department of Arrested Development using an elevated sense of self worth.
Agreed. I wiped them all off and currently have them isolated in Tupperware. The worst of them was that RyJ pc. It had some “plume” not quite in the foot, smoking that one right now.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
All cardboard packs. Coincidence?
Maybe not. It’s entirely possible that the cardboard holds more moisture and constant contact with the cigar helps facilitate the growth of the mold. I know that en cedro cigars have a higher chance of developing mold. I don’t really have much experience with cardboard packs. With the few I’ve purchased, I’ve immediately unpacked them and put them loose in a cedar drawer.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Maybe not. It’s entirely possible that the cardboard holds more moisture and constant contact with the cigar helps facilitate the growth of the mold. I know that en cedro cigars have a higher chance of developing mold. I don’t really have much experience with cardboard packs. With the few I’ve purchased, I’ve immediately unpacked them and put them loose in a cedar drawer.
Seems plausible. I had some others in cardboard packs and went ahead and removed them to be safe.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
So I've removed the cardboard packs from my humidors. Is there any potential risk from paper? I have some cracker crumbs in paper 5 packs, and several paper lined dress boxes of CCs. It's more of a stiffer glossed paper than paper paper.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So I've removed the cardboard packs from my humidors. Is there any potential risk from paper? I have some cracker crumbs in paper 5 packs, and several paper lined dress boxes of CCs. It's more of a stiffer glossed paper than paper paper.
I'm sure your fine, just avoid cardboard. Its porousness and generally dirty nature is a safe haven for spores.
Although if those were in the same container as the cigars that got mold on them, you could get rid of the packaging just to be on the safe side.