What's new

Homebrewers - Whats Fermenting?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I just hope it doesn't suck. It was a clone recipe of Firestone Wookey Jack n which I love, but had to switch out a few of the darker grains due to available at local home brew store.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Just so long as you didn't get too much roast flavor in there you should be good. I love the wookey too

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Here is the plan. This recipe is the one I got from Evil Twin brewing for their Citra sunshine slacker. Light body, easy drinking session IPA. In no way is it balanced, but it's extremely quaffable. Comes out about 1.050 SG and finishes around 1.013 for +\- 5% with US-05. The IBU calculator puts it right around 50.

11gal batch

15lbs Pilsner malt
2lbs rye malt
2lbs white wheat malt
1lb flaked oats

2oz magnum @60

1.5oz each centennial/Citra/Amarillo at flamout for 20 minutes

1oz of each centennial/Citra/Amarillo dry hop per fermenter (2 fermenters)

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I've currently got a rye saison and a pale ale in primary and a pseudo lambic in secondary. On tap I've got a saison, English barley wine, Russian imperial stout, dry stout, pale ale, and blackberry Berliner Weisse. IPA or Altbier is probably next on my to brew list.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Impressive lineup. Cool to see someone else with a blackberry Berliner on tap too. Tasty stuff.
I've made a few different Berliners over the past 12 months and the blackberry has been everyone's favorite. I'll likely keep this one on tap all the time.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've made a few different Berliners over the past 12 months and the blackberry has been everyone's favorite. I'll likely keep this one on tap all the time.

You've been at it longer than me. Im coming up on around a dozen batches in the past few months though lol. So far the best 2 I've done have been watermelon and passionfruit. Passionfruit being my personal favorite.

I'm hoping this Arnold Palmer version takes the cake though if I can get the tea part right.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I like your brewlog. Is this something you made? I've been working on one for a while. I need to stop making changes and just use it as is!

Yes it's something I whipped up in excel. I need to make a few changes to it, but it has been working well! If anyone would like a copy, I would be happy to send it.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
no pics (yet), but just transferred a blueberry melomel and a straight traditional mead (with Star Thistle honey) into secondary this past weekend. The blueberry is going to be crazy - fermented out to over 16% was a five gallon batch with 19 lbs of blueberries. Lost about a gallon in the transfer due to so much pulp at the bottom

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Arnold Palmer Berliner kegged today! I ended up using Lipton Cold Brew packets and a product called Pure Lemon. I made a pitcher of half/half I liked then scaled those 1/2gal numbers up to 2 1/2gal. The thinking being a half strength batch would be noticeable but not overwhelming especially once carbed. And more importantly still a Berliner. This ended up being 10 tea packs and 120g of Pure Lemon(2 large boxes). I added 5 tea packs to the fermenter and started racking over a few minutes into the steep then steeped the other 5 in the keg after it was filled. The Pure Lemon was added a few packs at a time to the keg throughout the racking process and seemed to mix in fairly easily. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Edit - just realized this was my 1000th post. I had no clue when I posted from my phone.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Another great day to brew a iipa. Maharaja Clone from AHS. Should be ready to drink in 21 days. On Tuesday I brewed a Kona Fire Rock Pale Ale clone. Gotta get up early to beat this Central Texas heat. Today's brew started at 7am at 78 deg, right now it's 88 on the way to 108!

Can't say it enough..love love love my Jaded King Cobra Chiller. Even with our tap water hovering around 78 deg I can take 6.5 gal of boiling wort down to 140 in 4 min and 80 11 min. Once it hits 80 I put a huge ice block in a 5 gal bucket and run a recirc pump and it drops the temp to 70 in a few more min. Huuuuuge cold breaks= clear wort going into the sstech brew buckets.

http://jadedbrewing.com/products/the-king-cobra

Sent from my iPad