7   0   0
Meads and Ciders are going nicely.

Planning a Flanders Red Experiment

3 gallons split across four 1 gallon jugs each with a dif yeast strain:
- White Labs Flanders Ale
- White Labs Belgian Blend
- Wyeast Roeselare
- Wyeast Lambic Blend

I will tell you in a couple of years how it goes.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I'm about to mash in on some Irish-ish Stout. Was thinking about doing something different since I already have two porters and another stout in bottles. An Irish Red with some rye sounded good, but I had some roasted barley and chocolate malt that needed to be used. And who was I kidding anyway, I could never have too much stout. BTW I'm documenting the brew session over on Beerfora if anyone is interested.

Dan

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Anyone brew sour ales?

I am thinking about making a Flanders Red style but wanted some input from more experienced folks.

How about sour cider? I was thinking about a cider fermented with the White Labs American Farmhouse Blend. Will the beasties have anything to eat and sour the cider?

Thanks,

Rene'
Sours are about all I brew at home. I get lots of free beer at work, so I don't really bother with IPAs, APAs, or lagered beers.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Ended up with basically a winey tasting blonde ale. Very interesting, English half fermented to about 1.012 and Belgian to 1.005 so far. The Belgian portion has Orval Brett in there so it will dry out even more in the bottle which is where it's headed next week.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Just kegged up two separate 10 gal batches of IPA (different hops in each 10gal batch) and another 10gal of a rye amber. I have 5 gal of an all brett brux hoppy blonde single hopped with Nelson Sauvin that has been going for about 4 months now that I will be adding raspberries and lacto to soon, and probably gonna throw in some pedio too just for fun.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Sweet dude. I have just under 20gal to bottle. Then again, I might split the most recent Belgian into a three gal keg then bottle whats left. The rest if my bottling plans consist of a 1.040 sour that fermented down to 1.001 and a portion of that i gave a local orchard's cherries a few months with. Both are real nice, the non cherry half got dryhopped with I forget what. I think melon and blanc that i grabbed at work.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Sweet dude. I have just under 20gal to bottle. Then again, I might split the most recent Belgian into a three gal keg then bottle whats left. The rest if my bottling plans consist of a 1.040 sour that fermented down to 1.001 and a portion of that i gave a local orchard's cherries a few months with. Both are real nice, the non cherry half got dryhopped with I forget what. I think melon and blanc that i grabbed at work.
Mmmmmmm... I love the melon and blanc together. Thats what I used in one of the IPA's that just got kegged

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I will be brewing a Scottish Ale today. I've had my yeast starter going for 2 days now. Made it last summer and the wife loved it, so figured why not.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Well I got my Belgian yeast fermented beer made with the melon, blanc, and nelson sauvin hops bottled up yesterday. I also got the cherry sour bottled up. I was painting a door yesterday and in between coats I was bottling. Today I have the front of the door to paint red and will be bottling the dry hopped portion of the sour beer. I'm bottling primarily in 750s a handful of 375s and a 3L or two. I'll decide on one or two 3Ls mid bottling. I have plenty of 750s to go around but I have more beer to brew on the horizon. Plus this beer is so easy to drink having it in a 3L bottle would be easy to empty at a party.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
You said bottled...I can't imagine bottling beer. Did it once and said screw that mess....kegging ever since. I have a three tap keezer in my garage and it's the best thing since sliced bread. :)

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Bottling ain't not thing. I get free bottles and I primarily brew beers that benefit from high carb. I also brew a lot of sours. I have beers that im drinking from 5 years ago still. If I only kegged id be constantly swapping, or severely limited in selection. I also keg and both are best mixed for me. Just ad you couldn't see bottling, I couldn't see only kegging. Kegs aren't cheap, neither are faucets and all the hosing along with multiple regulators that id have to run.

For the types of beer some brew only kegging works, but not this guy.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Been meaning to do this a few years now but always thought it was expensive based on the ones outlines as builds online. This was about $20 total, less than some of the gauges and pressure regulators alone the online piece together outlines use. If anyone ferments in corny kegs I can get the part numbers for you. Now I can pressure ferment some beers to brighten hop flavor and bitterness while suppressing some yeast flavor and aiding in flocculation.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I get the point on bottling. I regulate how much I drink by only kegging. :) Usually two kegs for me and one for the wife.

Just kegged a Scottish Ale the day I left for this business trip. Will sit the two weeks I'm away w/ 10#'s pressure on it to slowly carbonate it. Usually I do a 4 day 25# push, but since I'm gone it has time to slowly carb up. Drinking when I get home. :)

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Brewed 10gal of IPA last night, bittered with Columbus and Nelson Sauvin/Galaxy late additions. Pitched yeast and got everything cleaned up and finished at 3am this morning. Sure beats brewing in the heat of the day

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Brewed a batch of a pale ale again with a buddy yesterday. All late hops Amarillo, Australian Summer, and some left over Citra. Brewed it to about 14.0 P and like 45ibus. Half pils, maris otter, with a little crystal and biscuit. This is the first time in a long time that used any specialty malts in my beer. Normally I just brew base malts with some candy syrup.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Sure thing. This is my first fermentation using my homemade pressurized spunding device. Its holding steady at 7 psi and not krausening out at all for as full as I made the keg.