What's new

Homebrewers - Whats Fermenting?

BeerAdvocate

BeerHunter
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Post what you are currently brewing here:

Last night I started my Bear Republic HopRod Rye Clone.
I hope it turns out pretty close to the original. It will be nice to have 5gallons of this on tap in my kitchen!!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I racked my Snow Storm Strong Ale into the secondard tonight. OG was 1.070 and held at 1.013 giving me a abv (alcohol by volume) of 7.49%. The sample I drank tasted really good but two or three weeks in the secondary will smooth it out some more.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Oh man...homebrews :drool:. Been wanting to try my hand at it for a while, but have never had the time/space to do it. Now that I have my own house maybe I can find some time this summer to take a crack at it. Any suggestions for a first brew?

Dan

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
As a couple of you beer hounds know I just did a Pliney the Elder Clone. In anticipation of liking this particular hop bomb I ordered a pound of each hops that goes in it along with a few pounds of other hops.

I recently bottled a Belgian witbier that came up with a high ABV (it's great Larry next batch I'll throw some in regular bottles to send you). I also just bottled a APA style red ale with 50/50 Riwaka hops fro New Zealand and Centennial.

Next week I have spring break so I'll be doing my final extract batch probably. It's Sgresso's recipe for a cocowheat ale. I will build my mash tun for doing AG next week too.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just let a wonderful American Wheat "age" to drinkability.

Crystal clear

Lightly Hopped

Tight Lace

One of my best ! :grinFU:

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I'm itching to transfer my Pliney clone but it's still a pretty active fermentation in the primary. I want to wait till it finishes for dry hopping.

I'm getting my AG stuff put together to do another belgian style witbier after I brew up Sgresso's Coco Wheat.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Time to transfer to a secondary. I might wait until sunday morning. I'm trying to decide whether to throw in the dry hops with out a hop bag (we're talking 7oz I hate the mess) or use a bad and wrestle with it when removing it from the fermenter with 7oz of beer soaked hops. I think the latter would squeeze most of the beer out along with the hoppy goodness.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Well, im all bottled up, been a week. Popped one open today(couldnt wait), so far, eh. Only time will tell with this one. A very good learning expirience I must say.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Update on PTE clone. It has been transferred to secondary and the 7oz of dry hops has been added. It smells sublime.

I'm trying to find some bottles of it to buy for comparison.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I need to finish putting together my manifold and get me an all grain batch or two done. I think the first couple will be wits one with kiwi from the "extreme brewing" book. Of course there will be IPAs on the way considering I have a supply of hops like you.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I forgot about this thread. I just brewed up a belgian style witbier using pils as a base malt. It got a real small dose of hops of course, indian coriander, 1oz total zest from orange/lemon/grapefuit, and 6 organic chamomile tea bags. It spewed through the blowoff lastnight/this morning and has settled down a bit. WLP400 for yeast.

Ooh yeah and last week I brewed up a beer using 1lb of peat smoked malt. It was an almost 20lb grainbill and has finished fermenting pretty much ending up a hair under 10%. It is waiting on an order of medium toast hungarian oak cubes made by stavin for a 1.5-2 months of aging before bottling.