What's new

Homebrewing

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The post about stout by Jwintosh got me thinking. There seem to be a good number of botl's here that are more than casual lovers of good beer, which made me wonder how many practice the art of homebrewing.

I've been doing it for about 6 months and have made 3 5-gallon batches and each one has been better than the one before. It has added even more to my appreciation and enjoyment of good beer.

Who else has found this rewarding hobby and how long have you been doing it?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can boil water and wash pots, pans and your hands you can brew good beer. It's really pretty easy to get started and you can ramp up the difficulty as much or as little as you want.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I still have all my home brew equipment including two carboys, but haven't made any beer at home in years. We did make some hard cider last fall and will do so again this year. For beer, I go to Deja Brew which is a BOP (Brew On Premises). All the fun, none of the cleanup.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We did make some hard cider last fall and will do so again this year. For beer, I go to Deja Brew which is a BOP (Brew On Premises). All the fun, none of the cleanup.
I've been waiting for apple season to try hard cider. Looks like you took out the only negative to it, WTG. I'm looking forward to moving from bottles to the 5-gal
cornellius soda kegs, cold beer on tap, and much less cleanup.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I still have all my home brew equipment including two carboys, but haven't made any beer at home in years. We did make some hard cider last fall and will do so again this year. For beer, I go to Deja Brew which is a BOP (Brew On Premises). All the fun, none of the cleanup.
Is that the one in Shrewsbury, and if you ever go there let me know that place is 5 min from my house.

WhiteLightning

This is WhiteLightning!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Nice link Clint. Might have to check that place out. You can even make your own wine there. Seems pretty cool.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've been brewing for two years now. Currently have three batches bottled, a standard bitter, a porter, and my wifes favorite a spiced pumpkin ale. I'm waiting for raspberry season and am going to try to brew a balck raspberry stout, and hopefully this winter going to try to brew a lager.

Been saving for keg-a-rator so I don't have to wash and sanitize all those bottles.

There's nothing better then kicking back on the deck with a nice cold home brew and a good cigar!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've been brewing for not quite a year. All extract brewing at the moment, but I'm starting to consider moving into all-grain brewing or getting a kegging system sometime this summer.