What's new

Homemade Cuban Pipe Tobacco

mike toro

neophyte Bolivar acolyte
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have about 4 oz. of chopped up habanos for pipe tobacco. It's made out of various habanos caps, clipings and saved nubs and it's rather harsh, like mainlining a Boli CE. I think that is probably due to the tar and juices left on the saved nubs.

Is there anything I can add to even it out a bit. I still want that one-of-a-kind twang but not so much that I fall off my chair :smt102 Any suggestions greatly apprieciated . . .

. . . and of course, when I perfect the blend I will have to share :twisted:

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I'm 99.9999% sure that I'd never want to use old, chopped up nubs of smoked cigars in my pipe ... :smt078

I do save the clipped caps in a small jelly jar. When this is 3/4 full I plan on chopping up the clippings ... mixing in a few pinches of straight Virginia (McClelland 5100) and then let it age for few months. Burley might do the trick also ... as this will add a nice nutty flavor.

mike toro

neophyte Bolivar acolyte
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
tedski said:
I'm 99.9999% sure that I'd never want to use old, chopped up nubs of smoked cigars in my pipe ... :smt078
Well then . . . I found out the hard way . . . if something can't even it out then there's no use for it . . .