What's new

Homemade humidor monitoring

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
So I'm a big old geek. One day I decided I wanted to be able to remotely track the humidity in a new humidor that I was obtaining. I didn't want to use anything off of the shelf and wanted to create it myself.

So I took a raspberry Pi, AM2302 sensor and a SHT-31 sensor and creating a python script that'll read values from both sensor types - send them off to adafruit.io for data logging and pretty graphs.

https://gitlab.com/tmyoungjr/humonidor

You can pull the python code down from here to a raspberry pi. You'll need to do some wiring and understand the Pi layout a bit. But it's a fun solution and was a great way for me to learn more python (had to bring in a friend to help clean up the mess I created!). If you're into this - feel free to fork it. Maybe change data logging to a local database and local graphing system instead. Do whatever :)

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I should note - this is all wired. So you'd have to feed the wiring into your humidor to do the monitoring. If this means drilling a hole and sealing it - go for it! This'll work in a wineador too. It's all about how you can make it work for you.