What's new

Homemade Poker......

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
If you can source some stiff wire around this size,you can make up a couple poker/reamers like these.
I have several,and keep one in my traveldor at all times.
You can save most of the plugged sticks you get if you get a little practice,so practice on a cheapie or two and you will be ready for the next time.
I prefer holding the cigar in a gentle, full hand grip,the better to feel if the poker goes crooked.
Shown is a 4 x 42 El Principe.

DSC_0018.JPG

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I ran into a couple of cigars with a tight draw since I saw this post and finally sourced some wire to do the job. Thanks for a simple effective idea.

Sent from my blanket fort using crayons.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I like this idea too but the last time I tried using just a straight reamer/poker it ended up cracking the wrapper on the cigar. I finally got a Perfect Draw as a gift from my brother and that thing works perfectly without cracking any wrappers, even the thinner wrapped cigars. Its definitely pricier but it pays off if your not tossing sticks out, especially pricier ones that are plugged beyond fixing without it. The straight reamers I find work great though on the hardier/thicker wrapped sticks.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Yea it definitely does take a little working with. But I used it in a little jig so it was dead center, I just think the plug was so terrible that the reamer just pushed everything so far out to the sides that the wrapper couldn't take the pressure. Either way, whichever style you use they are definitely worth it to save your sticks from the trash. Nothing worse than looking forward to smoking something and not being able to because of a plug.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I prefer holding the cigar in a gentle, full hand grip,the better to feel if the poker goes crooked
Good advice.
But sometimes... I'd even say usually ... I'm able to tell immediately whether my poker is going crooked, no matter what kind of grip I'm using.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Either way, whichever style you use they are definitely worth it to save your sticks from the trash. Nothing worse than looking forward to smoking something and not being able to because of a plug.
I agree, I pushed my way through 2 cigars in the last week with a terribly harsh draw and realize its hard to enjoy the cigar when they are so tight.