What's new

Hoosier newbie...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone. My name is Jameson and I thought I would poke my head in here to introduce myself. Basically just another guy from the Midwest who is looking to up his game a bit when it comes to enjoying cigars. I've smoked cigars a few times a year for a few decades, but it's always just been a rare thing. Just turned 47 yesterday and I find myself wanting to slow down and enjoy the quiet moments in life a bit more, and I want to do so with a good smoke. I've been a pipe smoker for the past 6 years or so, but even the pipe didn't get lit much more than twice a month probably. I've told people that...in my mind...cigars are for celebrating and pipes are for contemplating. Well, as I get older I find myself wanting to "celebrate" the simple things in life a lot more, so I'm leaning towards cigars more. Anyway, I really enjoy the outdoors (fly fishing, hunting, camping, etc) and when doing those activities, that's when I seem to really enjoy a relaxing smoke.

I joined these forums hoping to gain some knowledge about cigars. From my browsing, it definitely looks like I've come to the right place. I've got a small (cheap) humidor and just ordered a bundle of these to get me started. We have a daughter in college, so money is tight and these seemed to have pretty good reviews for a cheaper cigar. https://www.jrcigars.com/item/rosa-cuba/flor-de-rosa/rcfr

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome from southwest Virginia.

"cigars are for celebrating and pipes are for contemplating" I like it. Think I'll contemplate my next celebration. ;)
For me, there is nothing quite like sitting on the porch, after dark, lit cigar in hand, watching life slow down for a few minutes.