What's new

Hot Damn, The Benefits Of Working At The Lounge

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Just talked to the owner of the shop, and he's gonna sell me a box of VSG Illusions at cost. Not typically a cigar that's easy to buy by the box, let alone at cost. $150.00 for the box, I'm doin' the happy dance!:glassesgr :halfgrinw :guitar:

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Just talked to the owner of the shop, and he's gonna sell me a box of VSG Illusions at cost. Not typically a cigar that's easy to buy by the box, let alone at cost. $150.00 for the box, I'm doin' the happy dance!:glassesgr :halfgrinw :guitar:
Ha! You might as well just recycle your paycheck at the door every week! Or get paid in cigars...which is actually a pretty good idea! You can store them there as well.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Bob (the owner) was somewhat hesitant. He sited another employee that was in the habit of buying boxes and splitting them with his father, and although that seems fine, his father is a good customer as well. So in essence, it took sales from the shop as the dad got his cigars at cost now as well.

I did explain to Bob, that these are to be sat down for several years (I had one from 2000 a month or so back and it was delicious) and not to be sold or used as trade bait.

However, I still have quite a few more fresh ones in the humi at home! ;) But I gotta admit, smoking at half price as an employee don't suck. Opus taste way better at $5! :hysterica :razz:

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Ha! You might as well just recycle your paycheck at the door every week! Or get paid in cigars...which is actually a pretty good idea! You can store them there as well.
LOL, I have a 150 count humidor on a top shelf with a note that says, "employee cigars, please do not touch." No doubt taking this job was simply a means of paying for my cigars at cost, getting paid to talk about cigars and smoke while I work with good friends. Thursday nights (the night I work) is a night where a lot of our regulars come in for hours, it's also poker night, usually about 20 players in the back playing cash games and tournaments. So it's a very fun night, but we're open till 1:00AM so it's a long night too.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Yep, I'm guessing Wade just used up about 5 years of karma in scoring this particular job! :nodlaugh: :nodlaugh:
Well, I've thought about working there a night a week for the last couple years. Then finally just approached the owner with the idea and he took me Johhny on the spot. No doubt the precept was just to have a fun night at the lounge, make a little spending money, and turn right around and give it back to Bob!

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
If you have some cedar from inside a cigar box, you know, the real thin type that we break up and light our cigars with, you could always place a sheet of that on the bottom and sides to give it that "humidor smell." If you need some let me know, I have a box full of those sheets.

Wade

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Great Deal! You could store them with me until your new humidor is built!

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Great Deal! You could store them with me until your new humidor is built!
Thanks for the offer, but I have space, if worse comes to worse, I could keep them in the humidor at the shop, which I think I will anyway till it's done. But man, that was a nice offer! :nodlaugh:

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
*** Sending a subliminal message to Wade""""

You feel the sudden urge to give Bill the box of Illusions.

Is it working yet? lol
Not even close! This box will be opened for inspection each year on November 15th at which time one cigar will be removed and smoked, then put back to rest for the next year. This will continue until November 15th 2012 at which time the box will be put in the humidor for rapid consumption. That's the plan anyway.