What's new

Hottest Wings I've ever tried

SuperKrishna

Guyanese Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I eat a habanero every morning with breakfast and I use a lot of habanero sauce on my food. So, I like to think I've got a great tolerance for heat.

Yesterday I tried the Death Wings from Grinders in Kansas City. The place was on Diners Drive-Ins and Dives. I noticed the legal disclaimer on the wings and thought I'd give them a whirl. After the first taste, my eyes watered and lips burned. My stomach immediately hurt. After 6 wings I was on fire. I proceeded to consume one of their Gino's replica Phillys to calm the heat.

Turns out that their custom sauce is about 400,000 scoville units and I just ate 6 wings coated in it.

I had an abdominal tumor about 10 years ago and they had to cut through a handfull of layers of intestine to remove it. As the wings pass through, when they hit a scar area, I have intense pain, sweat profusely and get the dry heaves. It's been 18 hours and there must have been 6 places in the intestine that have been passed through. I'm at work and waiting to see if there are any additional surprises till the wings pass completly.

The wings had great flavor, but I'm not plumbed for that kind of heat anymore. If you are ever in the area, I recommend trying a toothpick dipped in the sauce to see how hot it really is. :argh:

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
sorry, man, but you are going to be singing that johnny cash song. y'know? "it burns, burns, BURNS, that ring of fire. that ring of fire".

good luck!

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
i enjoy a good challenge myself (i am on the wall of fame in a few wing places for eating their 'hot' sauce) but to have something so hot that you are having sharp pains in your stomach, become diaphoretic, is causing you to dry heave, is absolutely ridiculous. Eating challenging spicy foods is supposed to be fun, not painful.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Sorry to that you have to expreiance the pain mulitble times. The wife and i tried the near death wings last year for fathers day and we could not eat three each. we love hot food, but damn those are dangerous!

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I tend to cut my heat level off at habanero level heat. I have some hot sauce with scotch bonnets but I use a drop or two at a time in bowls of salsa. My ass burns plenty from habanero that I don't need to tread much further.

I've watched a few of those Food Network shows where "name the host" eats the hottest wings the place has to offer. I think some of them make it just for the wow factor when they're tossing in pepper OIL instead of dried or fresh chilies.

I couldn't imagine a wing recipe made with Bhut Jolokia.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I've never had it that bad, but I've hurt myself a couple of times trying different hot sauces. One specifically in Leavenworth, Wa., it burned so bad for so long, it was terrible. Tried eating and drinking, but it lasted for hours. :(

I make my own BBQ sauce for hamburgers, and I have a hot sauce called the Nuclear something, I put 3 drops in a huge bowl of sauce, and it comes out freaking hot! I've never tried that stuff straight up, guessing it's the straight oil from some pepper out of satans garden.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
My favorite are the wings at Jake Melnics in Chicago.

Coming in at 800000-1000000 units....

I had to stop at 6 as well

YUM, and they sell the sauce in bottles as well. Great flavor, not just pure heat. I do not like sauces that are just pure heat