What's new

House blends?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Inspired by the Martinez Cigar video... Let's talk cigar shop house blends. Especially those rolled in house.
Who has ones you like? Which ones did you not like?

My current list of places is:
Taboo - very enjoyable.
Outlaw - good, trying a little too hard to bring that "full bodied experience"
Key West Cigar Club - very enjoyable, mild smoke.
Cigar King - have not tried.
Martinez Cigars - have not tried.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I still have a couple of the Key West Cigar Club house blends in my humi. Have to agree, they hit the spot when I want a mild smoke. I don't know if it qualifies as a house blend, but Corona Cigar has a cigar that is blended just for them by Avo Uvezian. It is the Boris 11, and it is a mighty fine smoke.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I still have a couple of the Key West Cigar Club house blends in my humi. Have to agree, they hit the spot when I want a mild smoke. I don't know if it qualifies as a house blend, but Corona Cigar has a cigar that is blended just for them by Avo Uvezian. It is the Boris 11, and it is a mighty fine smoke.
Glad I'm not the only one. I think I only had the torpedo, but damn it was good.

I had maduro wrapped panatela that GoingPostal sent me in my newb trade with him when I first joined here a while back from The Cigar Factory of New Orleans that was REALLY good.

http://www.cigarfactoryneworleans.com
Oooooo. I do love me some panatelas. Good vitola for a short smoke IMO. Might have to snag some.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I had maduro wrapped panatela that GoingPostal sent me in my newb trade with him when I first joined here a while back from The Cigar Factory of New Orleans that was REALLY good.

http://www.cigarfactoryneworleans.com
Oooooo. I do love me some panatelas. Good vitola for a short smoke IMO. Might have to snag some.
Their panatelas are only listed on their website in a CT shade wrapper, you have to call in & specifically request a box (10 for around $45.00, IIRC) to be rolled in their maduro wrapper. They're really worth your time & effort to grab some though.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have an Outlaw tobacco Sturgis stick I was gifted by a mate. He had them in his travel humi with a 72% boveda. It felt like mush when I got it, but its been sitting in my humi for a few weeks at 65%RH. Is it true that Ashton make these?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Their panatelas are only listed on their website in a CT shade wrapper, you have to call in & specifically request a box (10 for around $45.00, IIRC) to be rolled in their maduro wrapper. They're really worth your time & effort to grab some though.
I just might have to. My favorite smoke right now is the Por Larranaga Panatela. A maduro panatela just sounds insanely awesome.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Black Cat cigars out of New Jersey I think, has a very nice house cigar. I think it's a pepin blend too.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
davidoff on madison has a Pepin/Davidoff hybrid in a belicoso. Its a pleasant smoke

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Shhhhhhh,,,,,Cigar King House Blend....don't tell anybody about these as they are a very good cigar ....just like JR's house brand Ultimates are to JR's. Some secrets you just hope not many will find out about and thus raising the prices.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Black Cat cigars out of New Jersey I think, has a very nice house cigar. I think it's a pepin blend too.
For their prices, might have to pick some up.

Shhhhhhh,,,,,Cigar King House Blend....don't tell anybody about these as they are a very good cigar ....just like JR's house brand Ultimates are to JR's. Some secrets you just hope not many will find out about and thus raising the prices.
LOL
I'm looking forward to sampling some of their stuff.

I like the blends I've tried from Outlaw so far...well, except some of the prototypes they had for tasting here a while back.

Dan
Thanks to your review of the Bad to the Bones connie, I MUST try it. I've been searching for a good connecticut.
Lianos Dos Palmas

I really like the corojos from these guys.
Also going to have to try. Thanks for sharing.

ghe

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Serafin De Cuba from the shops of the same name in Florida (Tarpon Springs and Spring Hill) is rolled in-house and is an excellent mild-medium smoke at a very low price. Call Arnold at the shop http://serafincigars.com/ and he'll take care of you.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Tower Cigars Private Reserve (I think that's what it's called) is amazing. Mark won't say who makes it and he doesn't post it online... But it is worth asking for. Spicy, rich and strong... But well balanced. Posting this reminds me that I need to grab a couple next time I'm there.

Another is the Cuban Diplomat from Cigar King... There may still be a few left and they are a nice mellow old Pepin blend.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
davidoff on madison has a Pepin/Davidoff hybrid in a belicoso. Its a pleasant smoke
A great smoke!

Also partial to a few house blends in the chicagoland area:

-Brazilian Maduro from Jorgios in Wheaton
-Unbanded ashton from Casa de Montecristo/ 8 to 8 (not really a house blend per say)
-Graycliff house blend at The Humidor in Westmont