What's new

Houston newbie

Austinoir

The luckiest guy in Shawshank
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings fellow BOTL. My name is Tom and I've been on the site a few weeks. Long enough that the bounty on me is pretty sizable. So before @Angry Bill pens me another gentle reminder I thought I'd do this introduction thing I've been meaning to get around to, so here goes.
I'm a native Texan, whose was born in Houston, but lived in Austin for the last 20 yrs. I'm back in Houston, but an old high school pal Sarge (whose retired army living near Ft. Hood: Waco /Killeen area) finally got me to trying cigars as more than an afterthought of a Baylor victory. I'm a proud University of Texas alum and love college sports. I chase curvy women, drink good liquor and now smoke cigars (none of which I can afford). I'm loyal, appreciative, quick with a joke and try to listen more than I talk. I like long walks on the beach...oh, wait wrong forum. I don't know if this cigar smoking thing will go the way of the buffalo like when Sarge tried to teach me golf. But, I have been impressed by the good guys that comprised the BOTL and wish only to leave more than I take. So, I'm ready for this grand adventure and looking forward to what lies ahead. Some of you have crossed paths with me and we've had a jolly good time, others not so much...but please know its never personal. My safe word is "Oww!"...again wrong forum.
But I can say my favorite color is indigo and my favorite smokes are maduros...no specific brand since I a newbie and I've been smoking dog rockets almost exclusively (check out my reviews-"I smoke em, so you don't have to!" But, I have enjoyed Punch Elite maduro, C&C Rollback Toro maduro, and a R&J 1875. My goal is to find the perfect (smooth, rich and creamy) under $4 stick. But, to do that I plan on kissing a lot of frogs...before I find my princess believe that!
Lastly, I'm a man of a certain age, whose finally just now enjoying the ride. So, howdy from Texas and Hook 'em Horns!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Greetings fellow BOTL. My name is Tom and I've been on the site a few weeks. Long enough that the bounty on me is pretty sizable. So before @Angry Bill pens me another gentle reminder I thought I'd do this introduction thing I've been meaning to get around to, so here goes.
I'm a native Texan, whose was born in Houston, but lived in Austin for the last 20 yrs. I'm back in Houston, but an old high school pal Groucho (whose retired army living near Ft. Hood: Waco /Killeen area) finally got me to trying cigars as more than an afterthought of a Baylor victory. I'm a proud University of Texas alum and love college sports. I chase curvy women, drink good liquor and now smoke cigars (none of which I can afford). I'm loyal, appreciative, quick with a joke and try to listen more than I talk. I like long walks on the beach...oh, wait wrong forum. I don't know if this cigar smoking thing will go the way of the buffalo like when Groucho tried to teach me golf. But, I have been impressed by the good guys that comprised the BOTL and wish only to leave more than I take. So, I'm ready for this grand adventure and looking forward to what lies ahead. Some of you have crossed paths with me and we've had a jolly good time, others not so much...but please know its never personal. My safe word is "Oww!"...again wrong forum.
But I can say my favorite color is indigo and my favorite smokes are maduros...no specific brand since I a newbie and I've been smoking rocket dogs almost exclusively (check out my reviews-"I smoke em, so you don't have to!" But, I have enjoyed Punch Elite maduro, C&C Rollback Toro maduro, and a R&J 1875. My goal is to find the perfect (smooth, rich and creamy) under $4 stick. But, to do that I plan on kissing a lot of frogs...before I find my princess believe that!
Lastly, I'm a man of a certain age, whose finally just now enjoying the ride. So, howdy from Texas and Hook 'em Horns!
Welcome from Buffalo! (y)

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Welcome to the madness from So Cal. I know it seems silly to post an introduction, but it's something that the thousands of BOTL members throughout the years have done and it allow the brothers and sisters to know something about you. This is a great place to increase your knowledge about many areas in the passion we call cigars.

Take the time to read the attached thread and link. It explains who we are, our history, rules and other helpful info.
http://www.botl.org/threads/to-all-the-new-guys-please-read.75016/