What's new

How about a Lancero

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
lanceros are really for the seasoned smoker but there are many fantastic ones. Many have been named already but the hard and fast rule is this......smoke em slow and enjoy! They are full of flavor but can burn hot and go out frequently if you don't treat them with the proper respect.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
I think the time between puffs is more important than relight issues if they are stored right. IMO. I neglected a Tat Brown for ab

out 5 minutes or so a couple nights ago and it stayed lit like a champ.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Thoughts on the Cubao No. 3? Seeing as they can be had for just over $4/stick on non-auction sites... I'm pretty damn tempted to scoop some up.

ETA: never-freaking-mind. Apparently it's OOS everywhere. Do they even make them any longer?

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lanceros are really for the seasoned smoker but there are many fantastic ones. Many have been named already but the hard and fast rule is this......smoke em slow and enjoy! They are full of flavor but can burn hot and go out frequently if you don't treat them with the proper respect.
Completely agree with this. Solid info and fantastic recommendations in this thread! Thanks to all who have contributed so far!

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Completely agree with this. Solid info and fantastic recommendations in this thread! Thanks to all who have contributed so far!
ditto

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
My 3 faves are Oliva V, Tat Brown and El Tri #6. But I have a lot more to try yet.

KK33
This. A perfect top 3.

I'd throw the HL Claro and Daruma Mutante as 4 and 5.

Ok. I've had my second My Father lancero. I might bump the Oliva V to 4th on that list. The MF lance is definitely delish and has an absolute beautiful burn. I have the HL Claro and Daruma in my humi, so stat tuned, as I suspect this list will be dynamic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
As of today, my top 4 for NCs are probably the Casa Fuente Lance, Don Carlos a la 13 Lance, the Quesada Espana Lance, and the BOTL 2012 Lance

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna lite up an illiousion HL maduro lance tonight see how it is heard good things

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Had my first lance today Ortega Serie D and it's a great experience. Didnt know it would put out as much smoke as it would and I now understand statements like the flavor was focused. So I'm on the lancero boat now and will me trying this size in just about everything I can.
I can't even imagine how good a cc lance will be.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Had my first lance today Ortega Serie D and it's a great experience. Didnt know it would put out as much smoke as it would and I now understand statements like the flavor was focused. So I'm on the lancero boat now and will me trying this size in just about everything I can.
Good luck your cigar buying will never be the same again.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Yes it's already changed even my window shopping. Monte especially trini fundadores partys 898? On top of what I'd normally order ...yeesh. And now ill need a lance humi. (Just part of how I organize ...not usually by size but lances would need their own space) which leads me to a question. What size limits determine a lancero. Is it any long and skinny stick or are ther specific parameters. And is lonsdale basically the same or not.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Yes it's already changed even my window shopping. Monte especially trini fundadores partys 898? On top of what I'd normally order ...yeesh. And now ill need a lance humi. (Just part of how I organize ...not usually by size but lances would need their own space) which leads me to a question. What size limits determine a lancero. Is it any long and skinny stick or are ther specific parameters. And is lonsdale basically the same or not.
Lanceros can best be described as gran panetelas (long panetelas) and the Cuban standard is 7.5"x38 however the NC manufacturers seem to hover around this mark. They usually tend to be shorter and fatter may be 7"x39 or even 40 but on the average most are 7" long with a ring gauge of 40 or under. Lonsdale while a great size is a completely different cigar.

Kip

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As of today, my top 4 for NCs are probably the Casa Fuente Lance, Don Carlos a la 13 Lance, the Quesada Espana Lance, and the BOTL 2012 Lance
Haven't tried that Quesada, but couldn't agree more on the other three. All are fan-flippin-tastic...

Kip

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Haven't tried that Quesada, but couldn't agree more on the other three. All are fan-flippin-tastic...
...As a matter of fact, I have a BOTL lance that Podman gave me this past Fall that I still need to break out and smoke. I just might do that tonight...