What's new

How cold?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
My smoking is limited to outside. Being winter now, how cold does it have to be outside before you decide that you're just going to have to wait?

Also, on a side note, at what temp do you think it starts to have a bad effect on the smoke (wrapper tearing, etc.)?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my gauge reads below 40....I just stay inside. I don't know about temps, but if it is a really wet day, I've noticed it does affect the cigar by about 1/2 way through, or a little further.

Dave

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I think I'd be with dave. I'm lucky to 1)live in Florida, 2) have a florida room that has actual windows. So I can sit in the florida room even when it's pretty cold outside and it will be somewhat warmer. Gonna go searching for the little ceramic heater...wait a second...damn...I think the wife took the stupid thing to work. That woman is so cold blodded it isn't funny. She won't let me put the thermostat below 72! Oh well, if she has it I'll just have to look for another one.

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hell, I don't care what the temp. outsite is, I just turn the thermostat to about 76 and I'm good to go :D

It was about 40 this morning, and I was sitting on the couch, nice and cozy smoking :twisted:

Andrew

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Seeing as how I am originally from Michigan I would have to say there's no such thing as too cold for me to do anything outside. Heck, for the last six yeas running we have had a bonfire on new years eve back at my parents house. Two years ago it was six degrees and there was two feet of snow on the ground. We had to use a snow plow to make a path back to the fire pit.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I was out the other night and it was around the mid-30's, and it seemed that the foot started to bulge and the wrapper started to seem to unwrap. Just wondering how much the cold temp had to do with it.

1f1fan

Toast!
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I just go in the garage. Still not warm, but a lot better than out on the deck.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Its tough here in SoCali :roll: gets real cold sometimes! My gauge is this..... is I can't wear shorts, its too cold

:smt046

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Cold doesn't bother me. Wind is what makes the weather suck. It can be 4* outside and, if there's no wind, I'll sit out and enjoy a smoke. I actually like when it's really cold and no wind - the crisp air is refreshing and it's always dead silent during the evenings. I just throw on my hoodie, kick back in a chair on my porch, and enjoy the weather & the gar. :smt114

TYLER

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have to smoke outside as well and its been in the low teens here the past few nights. I have found that where my mud room connects to the house it makes a nice corner to hide in from the wind. So I have a little table and chiar there so I can smoke.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Truth be told, I only smoke one in the house per week. A friday night ritual that involves another BB's chat. Otherwise I typically try to find a venue... a pub or whatever... and fire one up there.

My next home improvement project is a patio that would be easily winterized. When thats done, I'll probably move out there with my couch and cigars. :lol:

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Right now its about 30 degrees here in CT witch is'nt to bad for this time of year I just finished a RYJ ex#4 out on the deck in the hot tub witch is a 100 degrees so its actual pretty nice in there even when temps get into the single digits but the cigar hand can get pretty cold.

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
mark5 said:
Right now its about 30 degrees here in CT witch is'nt to bad for this time of year I just finished a RYJ ex#4 out on the deck in the hot tub witch is a 100 degrees so its actual pretty nice in there even when temps get into the single digits but the cigar hand can get pretty cold.
This is my method and it works great getting ready for it right now.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
john tripp said:
mark5 said:
This is my method and it works great getting ready for it right now.
Enjoy brother life is goooooooood!!!!!!!! :smt023

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I live in North Dakota... what's cold ? 8)

Kidding... You get used to it but it's still way to cold up here to smoke outside.. if it would stay around 30 I'd be wearing shorts all year, it's not rare to have a whole month or 2 below 0 with very strong winds here.

So...

Anyone got a recomendation on a space heater for my garage?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
coastalwader said:
Space heater???

Man, you need to move!
I wish... it's the friggen tundra up here, you can only golf about 4 months out of the year :cry:

Oh well... space heater it is... I posted a please help in the discussion area... I'll find something to keep me warm :)