What's new

How Do I Do A Salt Test?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Before I ask the question, I did use the search on the other site but could not find a specific answere. I have a very small tupperdore with a shot glass and wet paper towel for humidity. I know not the best idea, but just what I have right now. I found an ExTech hydro therm. at work last night. Its digital and gives the temp. and hum, also has limit alarms. Not made specifically for cigars but I thought it might work. Anyway, the temp is reading 70.5 and the other is reading 52%. I'm sure I dont have the right humidity but also dont know if it is reading correctly. Seen where people talk about a salt test to check, and that is my question....How do I do the salt test. Thanks for any advice.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
the salt test works very well, and is very accurate. I use a larger amount of salt, add water, but make sure there is a little dry salt left in the mix. An even easier method is to use the 70% HUMIDIPAKS that come in the Fuente Humidibags. Avallo Humidors uses the Humidipaks to calibrate their Accumonitors, and the results are great.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RonC said:
the salt test works very well, and is very accurate. I use a larger amount of salt, add water, but make sure there is a little dry salt left in the mix. An even easier method is to use the 70% HUMIDIPAKS that come in the Fuente Humidibags. Avallo Humidors uses the Humidipaks to calibrate their Accumonitors, and the results are great.
Good idea!