What's new

How do you light your cigar?

How do you usually light your cigar?

• Matches

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Cedar Spills

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Soft Flame Lighter (Bic, Zippo, AB Burner, etc.)

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • Single Flame Torch Lighter

Votes: 66 44.6%
  • Dual Flame Torch

Votes: 26 17.6%
  • Triple or more Torch

Votes: 27 18.2%
  • Heating coil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stare at it until it spontaniously combusts

Votes: 12 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Torch usually. Matches other times if my torch is in the shop (like it is right now, gr.)

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I've gone cuckoo, a little more than a lot.

LIGHTLY toast foot with dbl torch, then finish with soft flame.

I also have a pin-point single torch for touch-ups or adjustments. :sadstare:

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
depends, I have a 2 single flame torches, a triple torch, a dupont style knock off soft flame and a soft flame table lighter that are regular rotation.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Since I've learned how to use the other 90% of my brain, I usually use telekinesis to spontaneously combust the lit end, after it cherries for about 10-15 seconds I blow out the flame and enjoy. You wouldn't believe how much I've saved on butane since I've started doing this, never have to worry about leaving your lighter at home either :)

But really I use a cheapo ronson for most of my lighting duties

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
depends on the vitola, smaller ring guage (up to 44) prefer to use matches. Larger i use a single flame torch, and for the few big boys(diesel shorty, nub) break out the double flame torch. I would have to say most people have different lighting techniques for either the situation or cigar they are smoking.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm stuck with BIC for now. All the shoppette has is BICs and Zippos. I have heard that the clean burning Zippo brand fuel doesn't impute any taste, but I haven't looked into it in depth. I plan to get a natural flame and probably a torch lighter also for windy days. Ideally I'd like to find a decent lighter that has both.

For me, cigars won't be an everyday thing, so I like the extra ritual of toasting with a natural flame before relaxing with a cigar. Too bad most of the lighters out there look like some sort of energy cell for a Star Trek phaser. I love the look of the zippo style.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Dual flame torch. I have a quad flame table top but it seems like overkill. I also have a single flame torch I use occasionally. Single and dual torches work great.

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I've a Vector triple jet flame for toasting and for lighting large gauge sticks, or for lighting in windy conditions.

Additionally, I have a single flame torch I tend to favor for touch-ups.

But if I have a choice (which, I suppose, is to say that I'm in someone's lounge), I'll toast with one or the other torch, then light from a spill/match.