What's new

How Do You Organize Your Humidor/Cooler/Cabinet

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
By brand and date. The boxes too young to smoke now, and those that are aged and that I'm hesitant to run through too quickly, are either at the bottom of the coolidor, or a seperate one.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I've got some boxes labeled "dont touch this for a long time" some boxes I labeled special occasions, some labeled Fuente only, then the full boxes of stuff, and last but not least, the top couple of shelves with singles. Mild, medium, and full in separate boxes...

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I have my cubans on the middle shelf of my wine cooler, the NC's on the bottom shelf, and the rare stuff on the top shelf. I try to organize by everyday smokes, and special occasion smokes. I have dates and vitolas written on notecards on the top of every box so I know what's in it without having to rifle through and risk damage to wrappers. I usually know where everything is off the top of my head.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I just get to fit the best way possible making the best use of the space. Once I do that I make sure it is neat and clean looking.

Jagstownville

Voodoo Mafia Family Inc.
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
I just get to fit the best way possible making the best use of the space. Once I do that I make sure it is neat and clean looking.
I am sure your process is not that simple!!! At what point do you take the micrometer out to size them and put them in order by length and diameter??? :hysterica :hysterica :hysterica

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
cvm4 said:
I organize mine Tetris/Jenga style :ninja:
I call it "cigar jenga" as well Cliff :hysterica

Aging on the bottom to smokeable on the top - jenga on every shelf :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Boxes go anyway they fit in the cooler. Have singles grouped by manufacturer in an empty box for better aging. Not using the cedar tray in there anymore. In the desktop, I put the pretty, neat looking, and expensive singles up top so I can drool on them. Keeping the dark on one side and naturals on the other. Dogs hiding underneath :hanghead:

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I'm like Jags... organize? I'm suppose to organize them? I guess I've decided on my organization style, I'm upgrading to a 120 qt cooler today from the 50 qt I've used since December. For the most part I use the original boxes and when there is less than 10, I move to the trays. Not sure how I'm going to utilize the 2 coolers now. One will most likely be for the "you'd better be damn sure you want to smoke these now" sticks and the other will be for the general cycle.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
N2Advnture said:
I call it "cigar jenga" as well Cliff :hysterica

Aging on the bottom to smokeable on the top - jenga on every shelf :thumbsup:
Ha! Good stuff :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I would like to do aging on bottom and smoking on top but I have to make everything fit so I guess it's Cliff's tetris style.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Three humidors..One habanos to age, one NC to age, one to smoke with a mixture jenga style.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My humi is organized by box date. Most recent at the top (where it's harder to reach) and older, ready to smoke at mid level on a pull-out. Specialty (don't touch for a while) on lower pull-outs. I had everything inventoried on a print-out sheet. I would mark off sticks as I took them from the humi. Sounds obsessive but helps to keep track of things and is a good idea for insurance purposes.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three main humidors, I put my cheepo's in one, my daily in the second and my good stuff in the big one. I seperate them all by brand. I have at least two other humidors for over flow and coolerdors for those rare times that I want to age. And of course there is the Humidor at the B & M.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
robusto_ps said:
I have three main humidors, I put my cheepo's in one, my daily in the second and my good stuff in the big one. I seperate them all by brand. I have at least two other humidors for over flow and coolerdors for those rare times that I want to age. And of course there is the Humidor at the B & M.

:bigeyes:

Whoa! You definitely have the cigar bug my friend. Nice setup.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
the nub said:
My humi is organized by box date. Most recent at the top (where it's harder to reach) and older, ready to smoke at mid level on a pull-out. Specialty (don't touch for a while) on lower pull-outs. I had everything inventoried on a print-out sheet. I would mark off sticks as I took them from the humi. Sounds obsessive but helps to keep track of things and is a good idea for insurance purposes.
Damn I've seen pics of his humi and when he says "where it's harder to reach," he isn't kidding :nono: :drool: