What's new

How does ci age verify

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So as many of you know I’m 19 which gives me some issues buying online as I mostly buy from my b&m. Cigar international has a killer deal on Nub 35 sticks for $100. I’ve had a few nubs and really enjoyed them so I’d like to buy this but was wondering if I could get through. Some you just need to put in a birthday and your good to go but I know other sites really check records. Does anyone know their process or how to get through?

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
To my knowledge...they don't and even if they tried to slip a note or pretend that they use a process of verifying....it would be totally subjective...at best. You'll be fine ordering those Nubs...just let them rest for a month or so esp. with CI and their notorious storage of 70%RH. Rule of thumb is....it takes a week at least to lower RH 1% on a cigar so if your target is 65% ... that's 5 weeks of rest...I tend to rest 2 months because of inherent variables like being in and out of my humidor...complex cigars with thick wrappers tend to take longer to balance...JMHO

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I never have been asked from CI, but it might depend on your state. They just raised the age to 21 in Texas.

Sent from The Department of Arrested Development using an elevated sense of self worth.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
From CI website
Age Verification
Why do we verify your age?
We do not sell our products to anyone under the age of 21. We use a non-affiliated third party company, Veratad Technologies, LLC, to verify that you are who you say you are and to confirm that you are 21 or older.

How does Veratad’s Age Verification work?
Veratad Age and Identity Verification Solutions Veratad’s AgeMatch Age Verification services use multiple trusted data sources containing billions of public records to return an age validation based on the personal information you submit. This service is specifically designed to validate and protect your identity while maintaining the highest level of consumer privacy when processing online transactions.

Access to the public records allows Veratad to validate the information you provide and in some cases, depending on the nature of your purchase, to present a series of multiple choice questions based on non-credit related (“out-of-wallet”) historical facts about you. These facts are obtained by instantaneously scanning billions of public records from trusted data sources containing information that would not generally be found in your wallet if lost or stolen.

Is the information I provide secure?
Veratad’s secure 256 bit encryption technology ensures the safe delivery of the information you provide online. In addition, Veratad does not store your sensitive personal information or share (or sell) any data with other third parties. This practice assures you that unauthorized parties cannot gain access to your sensitive personal information.

What happens if I cannot be verified by the Age Verification process?
A small percentage of shoppers may not be verifiable due to limited availability of publicly available information in the age verification databases. If this happens, we will attempt to contact you via phone and email to verify your age. We typically require a copy of your driver’s license or some other form of government issued ID that verifies your date of birth.

I live outside of the U.S. Can I be verified?
Our use of Veratad’s Age Verification is based solely on U.S. records and therefore verification of individuals residing outside the U.S. is unavailable, unless you are using a military address outside the U.S. Individuals in all other countries will be subject to our manual review process described in the previous section.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Age verification is a somewhat protection for the Vendor.....they know a kid in N. Carolina can fill in the info to place an order and lie their pants off as long as they have a legit means to pay for the product....that's the biggest hurdle. This is a disclaimer to insulate them from litigious issues that would arise from selling product to underage consumers....they have to do this but it's all to easy to jump that hurdle. I have done business with CI and it's other surnames for more than a decade ( not so much anymore) and my only process to verify myself was to put in my DOB....that's it...barely a standard for verification.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They never used to ask for more than your date of birth, but when I started ordering from them again they ran my info through their verification system. They emailed me back asking if I'm [one variation of my name] or [other variation of my name]. Took 2 days for my order to go through. After the first time no issues

Obviously I'm over 21 so no issues, I'm not sure what would happen if you werent. They make you wait till your verified. It's a necessity now in today's political climate, but I seriously doubt some 14 year is going online and giving fake info to buy a box of tatuajes.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
They never used to ask for more than your date of birth, but when I started ordering from them again they ran my info through their verification system. They emailed me back asking if I'm [one variation of my name] or [other variation of my name]. Took 2 days for my order to go through. After the first time no issues

Obviously I'm over 21 so no issues, I'm not sure what would happen if you werent. They make you wait till your verified. It's a necessity now in today's political climate, but I seriously doubt some 14 year is going online and giving fake info to buy a box of tatuajes.
I agree and now with the dare program they make kids think you smoke a few cigars you automatically get cancer and die.