What's new

How does Pinar Del Rio do it?

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
The PDR Obsidian is an awesome cigar made for CI, Nicaraguan/Dominican blend wrapped in Brazilian Habano ligero. Crazy tasty stick at less than $4 a piece.

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
danthebugman said:
I also think PDR makes some great stuff...the BOTL 2010 was and is still awesome, the Capa Madura is fantastic, the Sun Grown is delicious. I could go on. Not sure why they price them so low, but I'm not going to complain :grin:.

Dan
+1. I will be very sad when the box of BOTL cigars is empty. Really enjoy the PDR line and look forward to the new stuff he is putting out.

CoolP

Toro! Toro! Toro!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This site still comes up with good recommendations. CI just had a special on a PDR "test flight". I thought about buying it, but I didn't. That's what I get for not hangin' with the BOTL for over a year....

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
One thing to possibly consider is factory/worker costs. My Father and Drew Estates have huge factories with a lot of workers. It costs a lot of money to keep the factories running and add that the cost of good tobacco, they need to keep prices up. Abe was always working in a much smaller capacity so overhead wasn't that high. Obviously he wasn't pumping out the volume the other companies are, but still. Recently, Abe opened up a nice brand new factory so I imagine costs will have to go up a bit to pay that sucker off!