What's new

How far down...

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I purge with around two inches left and smoke it down to a 1/4 of an inch. Unless it is something I didn't end up liking or there is something else wrong with it, then I would have already started another cigar long before.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Usually an inch to an inch and a quarter for almost any size stick. If the stick is very good or does not get bitter, than I smoke longer. If not so good or gets bitter, then sooner I toss it.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
depends on the stick...some get dropped at 1.5 inches, some go to the nub!

I've even gone so far as to stick a toothpick thru one to get more of it!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have a few vintage sticks that I intend to smoke until they burn my lips, and I don't care what they taste like.

Now, let's see, I think I still have a roach clip around here somewhere...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fingers hurt by the time I put it out.

I don't smoke a cigar very often, (maybe once a week), and am still new to the craze. I smoke them to the very end and try to figure out what I am feeling and tasting till the very end.

Personally, I am kinda bummed that roach clips don't open up enough to hold cigars.......

:)

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Depends

If I realy like the cigar and it is smoking good it gets nubbed.

If its just Ok, I go down to about an inch. If it sucks it just gets chucked.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I typically smoke to the nub, but I'm not afraid to toss a turd (man, that sounds bad--LOL!)

Like fer instance, I smoked a truly terrible cigar last night and only got 1/2-way into it before I intentionally let it go out in the ashtry, leaving about 3-1/2 inches on it.

Ugh, worthless cigar.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Until it starts tasting bad.
Usually about a pinkie finger's length or just past the band.
Yup, that's me. Once I stop enjoying it, I toss it, whether it 1/3, 1/2, or 1/10 left, if I'm not enjoying it, it goes. This covers not only taste, but draw also.

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
i usually toss it whenever i get tired of it. some of the smaller sizes ill smoke down to the last 1 1/2 inches or so. sometimes if its a really large cigar, i wont even make it to the band. no matter the size, if it is plugged and hard to smoke, i wont hesitate to throw it out right away.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Depends on the cigar. I toss it when it starts to turn. I can honestly say that some were so good I finished them off in a pipe I keep only for cigars.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
depends on the stick...some get dropped at 1.5 inches, some go to the nub!

I've even gone so far as to stick a toothpick thru one to get more of it!
ahhh, next best thing to a roach clip,,, a toothpick!!:applause:

it all depends on the smoke. i've reached for a toothpick a few times....

jeff

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I usually smokw a cigar down to about 2-3 inches. I find that if the cigar is tasting really good I'll grab the same one in my humidor and fire it up. I'm not much for smoking til you need a toothpick when I have about 30 more of the same cigar sitting around collecting dust.