What's new

How long can you keep a cigar in your mouth while smoking?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just curious ;)
The other day I smoked a stick while putting something together in the back yard and tried holding the cigar in my mouth while I did stuff. Turned out I could only keep it in my mouth for a few seconds before I had to take it out. I don't know if it's because I have only been smoking 6 to 8 months or if holding a cigar in your mouth while smoking is something people only do in the movies?
I basically take a draw about twice a minute, but felt like I had to take more draws while holding it between my teeth.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10 sec max. Then I start getting a burning feeling in my nose like I retrohaled, but I didn't.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I can hold a well balanced pipe for a long time. Holding a cigar in my mouth longer than a few seconds.makes me gag.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like others. Not long. Smoke in eyes, inhale the smoke, and perhaps the most embarrassing, I drool like a teething baby.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long enough to puff. Maybe type this response, that's about all. I can't really work and smoke at the same time.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Not very long....I tend to start drooling after about 15-20 seconds.

I don't usually smoke while working outside unless I'm doing something that allows me to stay in the vicinity of an ashtray or allows me to set my cigar down. Clenching a cigar in my teeth simply just doesn't work for me.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Not long at all. I either end up inhaling or getting smoke in my eyes. Both of which are pretty unpleasant.

I wonder if it was more common when most cigars were thinner? I don't know any cigar smokers these days who keep it in their mouth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm with everyone else. Too long and either smoke burns my eyes/nose, I accidentally inhale, I drool all over myself and/or the cigar, and so on.

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
well it depends because when i smoke in the car it never comes out of my mouth but actually doing laborous things like carrying something heavy or anything that would cause me to be winded i don't think it would stay in there long. i would definately say that smaller rg would help but. i was planting tomatoes and peppers the other day while smoking and it was fine

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious ;)
The other day I smoked a stick while putting something together in the back yard and tried holding the cigar in my mouth while I did stuff. Turned out I could only keep it in my mouth for a few seconds before I had to take it out. I don't know if it's because I have only been smoking 6 to 8 months or if holding a cigar in your mouth while smoking is something people only do in the movies?
I basically take a draw about twice a minute, but felt like I had to take more draws while holding it between my teeth.
Don't think it has anything to do with how long you've been smoking cigars for. Personally I can't keep it in long (and from the other comments, we're all in the same boat). About 15 seconds or so for me! Cheers!