What's new

How long for police to respond to accident?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have heard that if you indicate there is liquid on the ground, you go to the top of the list. I have a friend who was rear-ended, waited 45 minutes for police response, called back to inquire. Dispatcher asked if there were any injuries, fire, or liquids on the ground and my friend said yeah there's a little bit of liquid (may have been oil or A/C condensation, etc), police were there 30 seconds later.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I have heard that if you indicate there is liquid on the ground, you go to the top of the list. I have a friend who was rear-ended, waited 45 minutes for police response, called back to inquire. Dispatcher asked if there were any injuries, fire, or liquids on the ground and my friend said yeah there's a little bit of liquid (may have been oil or A/C condensation, etc), police were there 30 seconds later.
Well that can just be a disaster waiting to happen if any of the fluids are leaking from a vehicle and of course depending on what it is, like gasoline. The tiniest of sparks catch onto that and watch out.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I guess I could've reported a loss of all blinker fluid in the rear driver's side light as it was smashed and on the road...

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Blinkers have fluid?
"Blinker fluid" and "muffler belts" are standard mechanic's joke repairs when speaking about people who have little to no car knowledge (mostly women).

For example, "We couldn't figure out what was wrong with her car so I told her it would be $79 to replace her blinker fluid".

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I thought you got blinker fluid and sob stories when you told her $75. Then you felt sorry for her and did it for $25