What's new

How long is long enough...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
To hold onto Cigars you had arraged a trade with, but the other person hasn't been on the forum since Aug 18th and I don't have his address and haven't received his half of the trade?

Really don't want to trade them out from under him, but it seems like there's a reasonable limit to wait for contact.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
start a private conversation and name a date, a week or so, if no response you did the best you could. Unless it's something that can't be gotten anywhere else there is only a bit of inconvenience

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
start a private conversation and name a date, a week or so, if no response you did the best you could. Unless it's something that can't be gotten anywhere else there is only a bit of inconvenience
I have messaged him twice , about 2 weeks apart, to say I was ready to ship as soon as I got his address.

No, they are nothing special or hard to find really.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
if you are not sure look at his trade history If he is a long time member with good trade history I would handle it differently then a new member with no trade history

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
if you are not sure look at his trade history If he is a long time member with good trade history I would handle it differently then a new member with no trade history
No trade history recording on the forum he is a member of, but he's been a member since 2004 and in my experience with him, he's a generous, stand up guy

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Then ask if anyone has seen him, we all go undercover once in a while but this is happening on another forum so the answer may be over there.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
My reason for hesitation is that he hasn't been on the forums at all since the 18th.

If he had, and just didn't respond to my messages, I would have definitely moved on.

Now knowing who it is I would say it's rather unusual. The 8/1 seems rather odd. I'll ask around. I hope everything is okay.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Now knowing who it is I would say it's rather unusual. The 8/1 seems rather odd. I'll ask around. I hope everything is okay.
@Alwayslit

CFL texted his wife yesterday since he hadn't heard from him since the 17th either, and told me this morning that he is fine, just been very busy.

So I will definitely hold his cigars for whenever he returns and gives me his address.

He seems to be absent from the forum for about a week pretty commonly, but 3 weeks was long enough to cause concern for me that something had happened.

Last edited: