What's new

How long should I wait?

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
short answer, at least a week or so

long answer - depends...how long were they out of humidified storage, what were the conditions they were kept in initially, are there any cracks in the wrappers, do they feel dry, etc

red

beer!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive never cared. if i have a cigar i want to smoke.. ill smoke it whenever.
ive let cigars sit out of the humidor for 3-6 days and just pick em up and smoke em.
Ive gotten cigars in the mail that have traveled for a few days, and smoke them that night..never had a problem....

If they were taken care of properly prior, theres not going to be a problem...at least not in a premium stick. People freak out too much about resting cigars...i say if you want it just go for it, they are ready now!

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0

long answer - depends...how long were they out of humidified storage, what were the conditions they were kept in initially, are there any cracks in the wrappers, do they feel dry, etc
Ditto!!....If you got them from a local with a decent humi you can fire one up right away and then let them rest a week and see if there's a diff. Sometimes I may let cigars rest 2 weeks but that's if it's mail delivered.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0

Good recommendation Brent, that's pretty much how I deal with it.

red

beer!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive had more problems with rested cigars, than cigars that sit outside the humi for a few days...i think there better as they dry up some..and my humi is only at 68-71%
i normally take them out for a couple days and dry box them before smoking them , at least if its a cigar that i have made plans to smoke, like a padron or something..i dont want any problems when it comes to high high end smokes...but i think leaving them out even a week is ok if they were handled properly prior.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0

Gotta agree, works for me.

p.s is it a limit to how many times you can quote? I can't help it, it just seems like some people be reading my mind just have to agree with'em.