What's new

How many boveda?

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
OK guys. I just got a 16 bottle wineador. ATM there are about 40 cigars in there with a few more coming..... I have 4 of the big packs in there. On the sight it says if using a plastic container 2 should cover up to 150 cigars. So I'm guessing I'm good?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
OK guys. I just got a 16 bottle wineador. ATM there are about 40 cigars in there with a few more coming..... I have 4 of the big packs in there. On the sight it says if using a plastic container 2 should cover up to 150 cigars. So I'm guessing I'm good?
You're good.

I use two in a retail environment in a 150 count display humidor at a local winery and it keeps it rock solid.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
image.jpg I have a New Air 28 bottle and I have 16 large 65% packs in it. The bottom and middle are OK but the top drawer is at 58% humidity. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? It's really starting to piss me off.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
View attachment 67903 I have a New Air 28 bottle and I have 16 large 65% packs in it. The bottom and middle are OK but the top drawer is at 58% humidity. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? It's really starting to piss me off.
As I don't own one I can't say for sure. But from reading through the botl about storage for the past week, the solution that comes up most for that issue seems to be circulation.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I trust the Bovedas. If they're not drying out, your hygrometer may be off.

I used to worry about the numbers, but ever since I added Bovedas to my humidors, I just go by them. Got about a dozen or so in each humidor with about 4-500 cigars each. I also keep a pound of heartfelt beads in each. When I see a Boveda start to go down, I overcharge the beads and the Bovedas plump back up.

I dont have a wineador but I don't think the process is any different. I know some people add circulating fans.

Could be the low stock in there allowing for fluctuations. Throw some empty boxes in there if you can. Or fill it with cigars :)

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
It's a function of temp and how RH relates to it. Heat rises so your wineadore is warmer at the top and as a result your RH is lower. Circulation is the answer. Once your temps are equal top to bottom your RH problem will be solved.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I Have been dealing with the same issue and once I got a fan in mine the problem was solved. I just ordered a timer so that I can program the fan to cycle on (and off) several times a day.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I built a cedar drawer for the bottom. It's been in there since Sunday. The humidity still is in flux but it has gotten up to 61%. I'm hoping it will settle in a few more days.