What's new

How many CC boxes have you bought this year ?

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Due to the outrageous price increases I have cut waaay back on purchases this year.

Watching the price of my favorites go up over 50% has me pissed off as well as disappointed, so I am out of the market.

How many CC boxes have you bought in 2021 ?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Due to the outrageous price increases I have cut waaay back on purchases this year.

Watching the price of my favorites go up over 50% has me pissed off as well as disappointed, so I am out of the market.

How many CC boxes have you bought in 2021 ?
Probably about 10 full boxes and about the same but were partial boxes I was given, or box splits.

Most cc boxes are beyond my reach financially, so buy lots of multiple singles, and 3,4 and 5 packs and boxes of 10.

Especially with current prices, there will only be box splits for me, no more full boxes.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
There’s some really good non Cubans for that kind of cash. I did one split. Of multiple brands I have less than 20 total Cubans in my stash. The problem I have is unless you spend big I don’t see Cubans being that wow.
I did have a vegueros topados from 17 earlier this year that really impressed me. Smoked well above its price. Some of the others I smoked were just cigars. Good but not worth the money they’re asking now.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
After not buying any boxes, ever, ended up getting 4 this year. Back in 2014 I ordered two boxes of AF Anejo #46s from CoH and the shipment was pulled for inspection. Luckily, since they weren’t Cubans, all was good but took 4 -5 weeks to get it. Talked to a fellow CBidder from Hawaii and found out that I could specify that shipments had to be sent from Europe and not Asia. As a test, placed an order for a box of HUHC and all went well. The other boxes were also shorter smokes that I split with one of my nephews. Compared to earlier splits, the prices weren’t too bad, maybe $0.50 to $0.75 more per cigar

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Only 2 boxes of CC this year. I have a couple trips planned for early next year so I dont plan to make any more large CC purchases until after them. Maybe by then things will settle back down.

Last edited:

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Cohiba has just become stupid the last couple years... As much as I love the Siglo VI, I haven't been a buyer for a while. At $40/cigar through gray market vendors, I can't even imagine what Canada and Mexico shops ask for them... lol. Also the Coronas Especiales have doubled in price... very sad.

To answer the question, I never know how many boxes I buy but I've only bought some of my staples on sales, or the occasional Sancho Beli or ERDM Choix when they are actually in stock. I'm just glad I have a lot of aged cigars to last me a while... Maybe prices will come back to earth a bit before I have to start worrying about running out, but I'm not holding my breath. :(

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
The equivalent of three boxes, all small-format, cheap stuff. I bought five Mille Fluers 10ct in April, and a box of Punch Petit Coronations in Aug. Bought probably ten new world boxes this year. Most I've ever bought, since I largely stuck to CCs in recent years.

At current CC prices, I'm out, probably for a while. When HUHCs are almost $6/per, and I've been able to find Herrera Esteli Short CGs or Charter Oak Habano Rothschilds for under $3/per, or when PSD4s are like $12 and My Father #1's or Illusione Haute 10's are $5... it's a no brainer.

My understanding is that there is plenty of good tobacco, just not enough manpower, and the situation in Cuba is super-volatile right now. Hopefully things ease up, supply increases, demand settles, and prices come back down.

But like Ryan said... I'm not holding my breath. Even if all of that happens, I'm assuming quality will suffer massively.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Probably around 6-8 boxes. I normally do that by January of each year.
And all were lower priced boxes of any Marca. No D4s, No Cohiba, No BBFs etc. All corona or smaller and just cigars that would still benefit with age and not break the bank.
(HdM Des Deputes for example)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased about 16, hard to count but I am spending a king's ransom. Had a beetle infestation in 2021 and I'm trying to replenish my stock.

I don't think the prices will ever come down especially for Cohibas, so I am biting the bullet now because in a few years when a Siglo Vs are $80 a stick I'll be saying, "I should have stocked up when they were $30".

Also there seems to be extremely limited stock, just about every vendor is out of everything except cigarillos, and 36 ring twisty-doodles. Petit coronas are not even that easy to get.

Is production really that down? Or are some deep pockets buying everything in sight? Not sure what is causing this crunch. Above someone said a labor shortage in Cuba.