What's new

How many cigars consecutively?

How many cigars can you smoke in succession and still enjoy them all?

• Zero. I don't smoke, but I like this forum.

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • One

Votes: 55 16.8%
  • Two

Votes: 129 39.3%
  • Three

Votes: 89 27.1%
  • Four

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • More than four

Votes: 32 9.8%

• Total voters
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When hosting an event like a 10 hour tailgate....it's pretty easy to enjoy 3 to 4 cigars and I mean REALLY ENJOY!! However there is an art to the order by which you smoke that many...at least in my case and how I counsel others. I typically start with what may be called a "breakfast" cigar which is more of a mild connecticut robusto with good flavor paired with Yiengling for example. Next up is going to be a medium bodied with medium to full flavor paired with a nice single malt scotch. Third is my full bodied full flavored after the food cigar which is either a Torpedo or a nice 6x60 or churchill paired with single malt scotch. Finally a wind down cigar medium bodied full flavored toro with a nice cognac or sipping rum. Well there you have it.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I typically smoke 3 or 4 during a round of golf, however I do plan the order in order to achieve "enjoyment". When i say that I smoke them, they usually are burned down to the nub.

Occasionally I will have 1 or 2 more that same day/evening. I truly enjoy each one of these, however I must say that the next day my taste buds are challenged.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Largely depends on the cigar and the day. If I'm smoking CC's I've had experiences where I've enjoyed 4-6 cigars in a day, of course the last isn't near as flavorful as the first but I'd say I enjoyed them all. If I'm smoking NC's, I usually find two or three is my max over the course of a day.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Although I have smoked as many as 6 in a day, anything after 3 has a diminishing return.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I normally dont smoke cigars back to back.. but if Im attending an all day event of some sort.. I can go through 2 or 3 in the day pretty easy.. I normally do something similar to what cigarfoxy describes and start out with something pretty mild.. and then progress into a medium.. then finish the night off with a full strength stick (after a full day of eating, a couple of glasses of scotch, etc..)..

planning a back yard bbq followed by watching Condit and GSP beat the snot out of each other on PPV this weekend (UFC) with a couple of family friends.. festivities will start about 6 and end about midnight.. and will probably end up being a 2 or 3 stick event..

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
After 2 subtleties are lost IMHO; i smoked a partagas Serie D followed by a Mummy the other day and even though I know both cigars well I still feel like i could have gotten more out if i had separated or held off on the combination. If they are "yard gars" i may smoke 3 in a row and have no problem because im not thinking about them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cam do a couple in a day on occasion but never one after another. My cigars are usually an hour long and I just dont have that kind of time. I think too that it would take away from the occasion. Im a one a day guy most of the time.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I only smoke that many when herfing which is once a week, 3 or 4 (tops) but I bring 15 to 20 sticks with me, so I don't preplan my night, I tend to start off with a light / mild stick and build as i go through the night, ending up with someone with a bit more kick to it.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
After 2 subtleties are lost IMHO; i smoked a partagas Serie D followed by a Mummy the other day and even though I know both cigars well I still feel like i could have gotten more out if i had separated or held off on the combination. If they are "yard gars" i may smoke 3 in a row and have no problem because im not thinking about them.
Agreed, and since it has probably already been said I will repeat it to emphazie it,when smoking multiple sticks in one day always start with your best one. When you get to 2-3+ switch to the cheapos that you like (which I also recommend finding some cheapos you like for these occasions)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I smoke about 4 to 5 a day on the weekends. Weekdays usually just one. As for my palate being shot, I make sure to eat or drink something in between or even brush my teeth.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
This is interesting they say Mark Twain smoked 15 a day!! Winston Churchill for whom the Churchill size is named also was in double digits per day. I've done three but that third has to be strong for me to get any flavors.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Typical day is one, but I've gone as many as five. Five was overkill

On a free day three is a nice number if spread out like I did all weekend

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I can taste 5 or 6 in a row. After that, I don't reach for anything interesting normally.

(yes, I know it's an old thread but I felt like commenting.)