What's new

How many Glock owners on board

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Just curious as to how many Glock owners we have on BOTL. I've got a model 22 (.40 cal) and absolutely love it. I might try some of the Steel match competitions but think the model 19 would be a much better pistol for that. :bangbang:

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I seriously want to get one of these. I have a pre-1918 1911. It is the only pistol that I am familiar with, and I have to say, .45's in particular, are my favorite.

I'm intrigued by the action of the Glocks though, just not

the safety, so to speak.

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
windowrx said:
I have a G19 and a G26. I love 'em!
I didn't know you had a baby Glock also. Great carry weapon! I need to get a good quality holster for mine. Just haven't decided on which one yet.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
ATCDub said:
I didn't know you had a baby Glock also. Great carry weapon! I need to get a good quality holster for mine. Just haven't decided on which one yet.
For the 26 I use a Galco UDC or USA, both tuckable. I also have an Uncle Mikes kydex holster which fits both the 26 and the 19.
I have a Milt Sparks VersaMax2 for the 19. It also converts to tuckable with the use of kydex clips.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
fredneck said:
I'm intrigued by the action of the Glocks though, just not

the safety, so to speak.
If you're used to shooting auto's I can surely understand your concern. Many people feel that way about Glocks. What I always find interesting is that while most revolvers never had safeties no one ever really seemed concerned about them.
Bear in mind also that a Glock actually has three safeties: trigger, firing pin and drop. In order for the gun to fire you have to put your finger (or something) inside the guard, depress the trigger safety and then depress the trigger. The triggerguard should always be covered, preferably with a good qualtiy holster, unless it is in storage. Of course, the most important safety is the one between our ears.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
A few modern pistols, such as the GLOCK and Walther P99 lack an external hammer, and instead have an internal striker that performs the same function.

In the case of the GLOCK, when ready to fire, the internal striker lies in a state where it is partially cocked, with the rest of the energy necessary to fire the gun coming from the shooter's trigger stroke. Strictly speaking, the GLOCK therefore is neither single-action nor double-action but somewhere in between.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Glock calls its action the "Safe Action", which is close to a Double Action.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Very nice guns guys. I'd like to start shooting one day. I've just been to ranges where you have a choice of gun and buy per clip.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
caudio51 said:
Very nice guns guys. I'd like to start shooting one day. I've just been to ranges where you have a choice of gun and buy per clip.
You'll have to come down to the Guns, 'Gars and Gamblin' herf this summer and flang some lead downrange.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
windowrx said:
You'll have to come down to the Guns, 'Gars and Gamblin' herf this summer and flang some lead downrange.
Definitely will have to. Triple G sounds like a great time!