What's new

How many pipes in your collection?

cashedash

illusione
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've got about 15. Nothing special. Mostly estate pipes I got off Ebay.
How do you know the pipe you are getting is not used (or is that what estate means)? Or if you do know its used they how do you know its safe to use? Do you smoke them if they are used?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's a given on an estate pipe that they are used. A well cared for pipe gets better with use and it is an economical way to grow your collection. Pay attention to descriptions and check out vendors. Look around at other auctions and get a feel for what similar pipes are going for. If you buy from a dealer they are usually sanitized. If you don't trust that, you can always pour some 151 proof rum through them. It will sweeten and sanitize the pipe. Soak the mouthpiece in a bleach water solution. Some people get more elaborate. If you are really curious about sanitizing a pipe, just do a search for it. There are articles out there about it.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Oh I see. I don't know why anyone would want to sell their pipes but I would love to buy a few.
Usually at "estate" sales or antique shops. Any good pipe or smoke shop should be able the clean and sanitize a pipe for you. Paul's Pipe Shop in Flint does the job for about $5.00 each. Looks great when it's done too.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
wow that is a nice collection.

I have 3 pipes. I only smoke them in the winter when I'm cooking outdoors.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have 2.3 pipes, the 0.3 is one on layaway that I figured I own about the stem on so far, its a quarter bend apple with a flame grain from master Former

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
5: 3-Stevenson, 1-Winslow Crown, 1-JM Boswell

My current favorite is the Boswell, but I am wanting a smaller bowl for late/short smokes.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I see. I don't know why anyone would want to sell their pipes but I would love to buy a few.
I don't know why anyone would want to sell their pipes
Most "estate" pipes come from the estate of someone who's gone to that great smoking lounge in the Sky!

I own 150+ pipes of all kinds, from very high end to beloved basket types. I expect to pick up some more on my way to the cemetery, yet! But I've already told my nephew, who laughs because he still thinks we are all immortal, when I kick the ashtray he can either learn to smoke a pipe, or hit E-Bay with the booty.

I'll be happy and beyond caring.