What's new

How many years have you been smoking cigars?

How many years have you been smoking cigars?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

When in doubt, smoke
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Started smoking cigars the summer of '98 splitting a box of Black-and-Milds with a buddy of mine and later that summer bought my first humidor than came with a "real" cigar, a Tenorio, and it all went to hell from there. Probably in the last 5 years got seriously into cigars and it really got bad.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I started in the Marines in 84. I did not count those years because they were Hava Tampa and Backwoods. Real good cigars about 3 or 4 years ago.

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I picked 1-2 years because thats about how long I've been smoking regularly. For several years before that, I was a "social" smoker, only smoking at parties/get togethers when someone would offer me one.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well that certainly explains a lot!

Guess there's 16 other "dinosaurs" here...:eyepoke:

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I went for 25+ although there were gaps of months or years between cigars at that point, and most of those were Antonio y Cleopatras. Actually my first was 40 years ago this fall. I never had friends that smoked cigars so I was an occasional "closet" smoker. I've been smoking "real" cigars pretty regularly for the past 10 years or so.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first smoke was on a fishing trip with my dad and his buddies. I snuck a cheapo (Presidente) from the box and got a little woozy. I just turned 18. But I was hooked and from there the world of cigars opened up to me. For more than 25 years I've seen cigars become more mainstream. The choices are endless and I'm happiest when I'm lighting up. My dad's gone but I wish we could share just one more cigar together.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
My first was in 1957 a neighbor/landlord gave me a White Owl if my memory is correct, it made me kind of sick, but I tryed another soon after, got the hand of things. So it has been an on and off thing for many years as time & money were a factor in my youth.

Back in those days kids could got to the cornor store that almost every neighborhood had, could buy cigarettes for your parents no problem, money was the only requirement. So when I had some extra money a cigar or two were added to what I picked up at the store.

Today we have all sort of laws, but I am way over the legal age of 18 in my State to buy cigars, so I never get asked for ID. Plus I have the money to buy what I want.:shame:

Last edited:

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
15yrs. Started when I was standing lookout out at sea. Bought every Acid I could find. Joined Club Stogie and started receiving an education. Smoked an NC Punch and shelved the Acids. Joined Cigar Asylum then later BOTL. Things really took off on shore duty when I had time to smoke and found the world of CCs. Did not get deep into them until a few years ago. Just about done with my last sea tour and have found many brands and vitolas I enjoy after a long journey of chasing. I don’t see myself buying a box blind again and don’t care to find the “new brand”. Things are good.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Cigars have alway been like a winde down for me, when working is was in a fast world. between assignments, jobs a good Cigar was like a key that turned my motor off. Today is is something that help keeps the motor on idle, or make it ideal when running too fast.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Started collecting bands 52 years ago, when I was 12. Used to buy cigars for my dad so I could have the bands.
Started smoking cigars 44 years ago, back when the Tinderbox was the place to find good cigars.