What's new

How much of a particular leaf do you stock

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am beginning to experiment with differing the blend components. I currently purchase a pound of each leaf I try. I was curious: given that tobacco is an agricultural product that can and does vary by crop year, farm, and from country of origin, when you find a leaf that you like, how much do you purchase to keep it in rotation?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
So far the most I've ordered of one leaf is 2 lbs. For example, after the first pound of Mata Fina, I ordered two pounds when restocking. I also ordered 2 lbs of Dominican binder but then that never shipped, somehow it became "out of stock", guess someone beat me to it.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Most I have bought at a whack is 10lbs of FX shade... but that was so I'd have enough to distribute among BOTLs...

Most I have bought at a whack for my own rotation was 4lbs H2k wrapper ... but that all turned out to be different from the H2k I bought previously... so it was useless. Just so you know, you may try to stock up on something you like, but get fooled.

I have whacked out 3 lbs of Mata Fina or of Piloto Cubano. That stuff is always useful. Never found one I don't like, knock wood.
I once bought 4 lbs of Dom seco and another 4 of Dom viso. Useful unremarkable filler for basic mild stuff. Been working that pile down slowly.
Ligero, I rarely buy more than 1/4 lb at a whack, cause I'm not much of a ligero fan. So even if I liked it, I wouldn't stock up
Dom binder I prolly have 4 pounds on hand. ... but I don't think that came all in a batch
I should do the same with Dom Olor seco

Most people buy their wine by the bottle. I find one I like, I do the case. Nice to know you can reach in for old reliable.

This reminds me, my baccy inventory sheet is due for an update. Maybe this weekend.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have had as much as 28 lbs at one time total. I don't like to get to a point when I don't have at lease one unopened lb of a type. I don't like to see stock getting low or out. now I have let things get low. I still need to try some stuff yet.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This reminds me, my baccy inventory sheet is due for an update. Maybe this weekend.
This is embarrassing. Counted 55 lbs just now. The hell was I thinking. I need to get busy.

=====================================
... and so to celebrate my excess of leaf, this morning I ordered a pound of WLT criollo wrapper
I have high hopes for this stuff

Last edited: