What's new

How to avoid soft spots?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I left out what to me is most important to consistent firmness. which is enough time or, even better yet, extra time to both casing up for working the leaf and, casing down for assembly. case equalization

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I left out what to me is most important to consistent firmness. which is enough time or, even better yet, extra time to both casing up for working the leaf and, casing down for assembly. case equalization
Do you mean to say take the time to dampen the leaf, so that you can smooth out the wrinkles, then dry it back out again, so that the leaf is the same as it was before?

In the dictionary, I do not find damp among the definitions of case. We have a word for damp: damp.
Why, then, case, in this case?

Here at WebMost, our mission is to facilitate cognitional processes within the parameters of effective paradigms, utilizing diverse stochastic and heuristic methodologies to offer unparalleled services in directed and undirected endeavors.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
based on nothing more than what random ideas have come into my head:

The binder holds the bunch together, The press sets the firmness and the wrapper holds the pressing shape. I have not yet pressed or applied a wrapper. I find my sticks all draw very loosely and need occasional relights. I have recently purchased both a press and wrapper leaf, and hope this solves both these problems

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
based on nothing more than what random ideas have come into my head:

The binder holds the bunch together, The press sets the firmness and the wrapper holds the pressed shape. I have not yet pressed or applied a wrapper. I find my sticks all draw very loosely and need occasional relights. I have recently purchased both a press and wrapper leaf, and hope this solves both these problems
If the cigar is too loose you simply need to learn to roll it tighter. Don't look for the mold or wrapper to correct the initial mistakes of a loose draw.

The mold sets the shape and forces all the cigars to the same size, which they are not. This is done for cosmetic reasons and does nothing to improve the smoking quality of the cigar.

If the roller does each cigar to the same firmness level and then puts them in a mold for pressing, they all need to be the exact same size. Even though they start out at the same proper firmness, since they all will vary in circumference to some degree, when pressed in mold some will become too tight and draw poorly.

Hope this helps!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the cigar is too loose you simply need to learn to roll it tighter. Don't look for the mold or wrapper to correct the initial mistakes of a loose draw.

The mold sets the shape and forces all the cigars to the same size, which they are not. This is done for cosmetic reasons and does nothing to improve the smoking quality of the cigar.

If the roller does each cigar to the same firmness level and then puts them in a mold for pressing, they all need to be the exact same size. Even though they start out at the same proper firmness, since they all will vary in circumference to some degree, when pressed in mold some will become too tight and draw poorly.

Hope this helps!
so, you're saying I *should* be able to smoke a stick with no issues with binder only. Yes?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you mean to say take the time to dampen the leaf, so that you can smooth out the wrinkles, then dry it back out again, so that the leaf is the same as it was before?
Yes. excluding "the same as it was before" unless it is a case that is right for binding. which has rarely been my experience.
In the dictionary, I do not find damp among the definitions of case. We have a word for damp: damp.
Why, then, case, in this case?
The only time I've heard it was in the tobacco realm. btw, not the only one, yeah?
Here at WebMost, our mission is to facilitate cognitional processes within the parameters of effective paradigms, utilizing diverse stochastic and heuristic methodologies to offer unparalleled services in directed and undirected endeavors.
I can see you using this as a positive selling point in your business.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, you're saying I *should* be able to smoke a stick with no issues with binder only. Yes?
Yes, provided the binder has been rolled properly. Many rollers smoke binder only and don't bother with wrapper.