What's new

How to fill a lighter. I am slow............

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Howdy All:

I hope you are all well.

So I had trouble filling my cheap Ronson lighters, I tried a couple different fluids with no luck. I would turn it to low, release pressure and try to fill. No sound or anything from the can.

Must be the cheap lighter.

I just got a brand spankin new Xikar table lighter and have the same darn problem. Even with Xikar fluid.

Can someone help?

Best regards, tony

SuperKrishna

Guyanese Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
There are some good videos on youtube - [ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us&q=filling+a+butane+lighter+youtube"]filling a butane lighter youtube - Google Search[/ame]

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Are you releasing the pressure correctly? Do you hear a sound or even see any gas come out when releasing?

Are you holding the lighter and can upside down?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
as you a depressing the valve on the bottom to relieve pressure, shake the lighter and see if there is a sound. If there is keeping shaking and depressing until all gas is released.

ALSO. do not turn the knob all the way to the minus sign. if you do it may seal off the valve. go all the way and back it up a small ammount. Certainly with 2 different lighters this come down to user error. Hopefully you get this figured out soon.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Howdy All:

thanks for the help.

I am doing all of this.

Maybe I should stick with matches.

I left a voicemail with Xikar and will try and call them tomorrow. I am doing all the things you have mentioned.

Best regards, tony

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I use both Vector and Xikar butane in my Ronson Jet Lite's and in both of my IM Corona lighters and have no problems at all.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
My guess its completely filled with air(the chamber). Take a ball point pen and push in the center of the refill valve when the lighter is upside down. This should burp the lighter. Make sure all the air is out and then refill with the xikar fluid.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
worse case bring your lighter to your B&M and ask them to show you the right way to fill it.
Ok, so I did this today. The guy grabs the lighter and forcefully puts the butane into it and I hear a magic little hiss as it fills it up.

I guess I need to use a little more force.

Best regards, tony