What's new

How to hold a cigar properly?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone. as you all may know i am new to cigar smoking and i believe to have found my favorite cigar so far... Arturo Fuente Chateu..

anyways, a few months ago when i went to the shop the owner taught me how to hold a cigar(using your middle and index finger.. wraping the index around the cigar and supporting with the middle finger underneath.) apparently this is the miami/cuban way as others hold it with their thumbs and index fingers only.

unfortunatly i have the habit of holding it like a cigarette at first but then correct myself.

so how do you hold your cigars?

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I hold a cigar between my thumb and two fingers, like you might pick a pencil up off a table.

However, I have always felt you should hold it however you like and anyone who tells you that you are holding it wrong can stuff it.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Agree with what has already been said. I alternate between holding it the way that your shopowner described, and between my thumb and index & middle fingers.

Although I rarely see anyone hold it like a cigarette, there's really no wrong way to hold a cigar, only certain methods that are more popular.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Does it smoke any different when held different ways? Does it taste any different when held different ways?

Fellas I believe sometimes we over-think this stuff. Cigars should be enjoyed any way you enjoy em. If you relax and enjoy em holding em between your toes (and your flexable enough to do that) then do it. I for one could care less how others hold their cigar, nor should anyone else care how I hold mine.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Does it smoke any different when held different ways? Does it taste any different when held different ways?

Fellas I believe sometimes we over-think this stuff. Cigars should be enjoyed any way you enjoy em. If you relax and enjoy em holding em between your toes (and your flexable enough to do that) then do it. I for one could care less how others hold their cigar, nor should anyone else care how I hold mine.
:thumbsup:

But just for the record, I like to hold mine between my teeth.

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Oneaday is right as usual. Hold it however you damn well please.

PS. Your avatar is bad ass.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3

I totally agree, I was just saying how I hold my cigar. I also put my pants on right leg first, that is not saying that if you go left leg first that you are wrong. You could jump into you pants for all I care as long as you do it before you leave your house.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I hold the stick with left hand pointer and middle fingers middle section as most times I smoke in the car while driving to let the smoke go out the window. It used to be the right hand before that. I really do not give this much thought, it just comes naturally. I only held a joint between the thumb and pointer fingers years and years ago.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I hold a cigar between my thumb and two fingers, like you might pick a pencil up off a table.

However, I have always felt you should hold it however you like and anyone who tells you that you are holding it wrong can stuff it.
What he said....

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0

Yep. Well said.

Matthew

Tobacco Beetle
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Wisdom of the aged.

Oneaday is the Yoda of cigar smoking. And even older.