What's new

"How's she going?" from Fredericton, NB, Canada

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy, forum, from a Yank living abroad (and who still, as a Virginia boy, finds it strange to call himself a Yank). Been smoking pipes and cigars since I was a teen; now coming up on the magical age of 42 ("But what is the question?")

So, look, I've danced along the edge of the Slippery Slope for 25 years, always the most casual of casual smokers. Lately, though, I feel the pull of gravity, and aren't those sirens I hear singing somewhere down-slope? (And by "sirens" I likely mean "mid-life crisis"...) Anywho, I've just come into a lovely box of Partagas P2s and a few single D4s, and I have a feeling the real slide has already begun. With that acquisition, I've outgrown my very modest arrangement with a small desktop humi and a very lazy tupperdor. Have been lurking here and at Puff for awhile, and am now planning on setting up a 50-qt coolidor in the Very Near Term. I look forward to getting to know you Leafy Brethren and Sistren!

Oh, and for those who collect colloquialisms, "How's she going?" is a standard New Brunswick greeting, and the formula reply is: "The very best!" (I like to throw them off a bit by appending "y'all" to it.)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Craig. Bruins fan, eh? Hockey is a painful topic at the moment for this 'Canes fan...

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hello and :welcome:. We are glad to have you join us. I am sure you will enjoy the website and camaraderie as well. Nice intro btw.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
welcome from the bluegrass state, good to have you on board! and, have to say, i LOVE that you append "y'all" onto an otherwise perfectly normal cananadan greeting, that just makes me smile! o)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, all! Great welcome. Or as the Pittsburgher/New Brunswickers say, "The very best, y'uns."

HCM beads on the way to my box in Maine, along with a new hygro and some other odds and ends. "I love it when a coolidor comes together."