What's new

How's this for a vacation?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need to take a tour to do all that. In fact, if you didn't, you'd probably do more.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
damn... one day I will do something along those lines... maybe without the tour but still

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Okay lets do it...We can fly to Mexico and have them not stamp our passports in and out. No, seriously... :squinteye

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Actually I have heard of them putting something like an index card in your passport so when you get back to Mexico you can simply take out the card. Maybe they could stamp Ben Franklin's face and keep it for a souvenir. :smokingme

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I've actually heard that's what they do, ATCdub...Of course, I'd be too paranoid to go :hysterica

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
caudio51 said:
I'm a bit slow...whats with this stamping?
Customs stamps your passport for every port of entry. Unfortunately, our customs takes note of where ya' been. Very bad for us Federal employees (notice I didn't say workers).

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
the nub said:
You don't need to take a tour to do all that. In fact, if you didn't, you'd probably do more.
Knowing that you have visited Cuba quite a few times...would you reccomend a first timer do something like his or go it alone?

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
from the way it reads is that he thinks you should go at it alone... with some advice I imagine.....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend going with a friend for your first trip :)

Getting into the VIP is not all that it's cracked up to be. You might get some free smokes. The house rolled Partagas cigars (not La China's) are ok. Great if you can get them for free, but I could easily pass. The manager (former) at La Corona was a great guy. My buddy knew him on a first name basis and would get stacks of cigars fresh off the table, whether he bought 1 box or nothing at all. I doubt you can get this kind of treatment anywhere, unless you bought a LOT of cigars. The torcedors are easy enough to find if you know where they are, so anyone can get custom rolled cigars if they want them. Every trip you learn something new and there is no substitute for how much inside info you will gain by just being there.

Havana on $50 a day. Anyone coming?