What's new

Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure Especial LE 2004

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I picked a few singles a while ago so I could try them before jumping on a box but forgot about them. I've been carrying around one in my caddy for about a week now and today I decided to fire it up.

Very good looking cigar, extremely smooth wrapper, flawless. Prelight draw was very woody. It smoked well, medium draw and produced a good amount of smoke. Construction was good, only requiring a few touch ups, nothing that detracted from the experience. Tight ash that consistently held throughout. It started woody with mostly a cedary overtone with just enough spice to make it interesting. Typical Hoyo flavor. I usually smoke Epicure 2's earlier in the day as they become too mild as the day goes on. I was expecting the same from this cigar but with the added spiciness I could see enjoying it later in the day as well. One interesting thing about this cigar was that about half way down it began to mellow with the last 1/3 being devoid of the spice. What was particularly interesting was that with the spice gone I was waiting for some harshness to appear but it never happened, all the way down to the nub.

Now that I’ve smoked one I wish I had bought the box while I had the chance.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
If I had a box I would sit on them also. While it was a good cigar it does seem that it will be great over time.

owljones

habanoholics anonymous
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I've only tried two from my box, but I think they are very good. A lot of people say this is the worst LE ever, but I have to disagree. Only wish I had kept all of them, or had another box.