What's new

Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure No.2, or are they?...

sirhchris

If no fit put spit
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got these as Christmas gifts from my wife's coworker who swears by Cuban Cigars. I've had a Behike from him from which through rigorous internet researching, I have found out they were fake. He says his source is legit, but I'm not sure if he knows what to look for so I keep quiet because he's so convinced they are legit, the obvious ones were the pierced "C" on his Siglos, and the uncentered Taino head on his Behikes. One of these days I'm gonna find some legit Behikes or any Cohiba so I can say his Cohibas are counterfeits (with conviction and confidence) so he can confront the guy he gets them from.

I couldn't find much about the label on the Epicures, but I saw I compared an image I found googling and his image on IG, that the yellow band on his looked crappy and the lettering were not raised. Anyways, here they are...critique away, first picture is from his IG, second picture and video are the ones he gifted to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
All my Epi 2's have two bands. The box lid in the top pic appears to have the Habanos SA sticker across the corner. I would tell him now before he wastes anymore money on fakes. Why continue to allow him to buy that stuff until you get a legit one to confront him with?

sirhchris

If no fit put spit
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I confronted him once about the EL2004 Sublimes I got from him a while back, but he was convinced they were real, even showed him images of the pierced "C". In his eyes I don't have enough credibility or "street Cred" because basically I'm still a n00b. He thinks I'm wasting my money on NC's while I should buy his "Cubans" whenever he puts an order in from his source. Maybe I'm too nice? He tried to sell me some Bolivars but I denied that too. Maybe this is a fresh one to tell him they're fakes? Stay tuned....

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
If he doesn't care for your evidentiary input, then let him keep smoking Dominican hair and rat turds.
I agree the above. You have made an honest effort to inform him. If it was me I would tell him I won't smoke your cigars even if you give them for free. The rest is on him.

sirhchris

If no fit put spit
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree the above. You have made an honest effort to inform him. If it was me I would tell him I won't smoke your cigars even if you give them for free. The rest is on him.
For sure I'm not smoking these. At least I know the NC's I light up are legit.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Says epi 2 but looks like the epi 1. That can't be good. (Epi 2 is a larger ring gauge than that guy you've got there).

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Obvious fakes.

Check the date code on the bottom of the box. HDM Epicures (both #1's and #2's) produced since 2008 have a secondary band.

If the guy does not believe you, share the website that @Nacho Daddy posted above (http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/) and let him verify this for himself. Just make sure you don't frame it in a confrontational or "I'm right and you're wrong" way though. Let him know that you are truly concerned that someone is taking advantage of him by selling him fakes.

Unless he is knowingly reselling fakes in which case I would disassociate myself from him.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
More evidence since I didn't see anyone point it out. The "CUBA" and "HABANA" are off center, the gold is just muddy, and the spacing between the red box and the gold border is way off. Ifhe is not convinced from the brother's comments then something is wrong there.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
On a slide box,the seal is across the slider,and the Habanos sticker on the top right corner with the Marca stamp readable.
that's about the only thing right...........