What's new

Hudson Bar & Books scratch that Florios Wednesday 8/9/06 NYC

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
What a fantastic evening. The weather was perfect, absolutely perfect. The eye candy walking down the street, top-notch! The food, excellent. Plenty of smokes and fire and tons of good conversation. Thanks to the local NYC host Geoffrie for making the last minute call, it was a good one.

Great to meet Ben finally and scare him a bit this afternoon. He found out he needs a bigger cigar caddy now.

Larry, thank you to you and your wife for giving me a lift back to Penn. I caught the 10:44 about 3 minutes before it left. Otherwise, I would have been waiting an hour for the next one.

Let's do this again soon! Maybe the 40-40??

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Sounds like a ball. Pics? You guys gotta get pictures if your going to do these all on the east coast. :thinkidea

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Great time, good to see these guys again. Tons of food and drinks.

The otter boxes were passed around like bread baskets before dinner.

Excellent excellent time, we should turn it into monthly event.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I'm glad everyone had a good time and enjoyed one of my favorite sanctuaries in NYC.

We could have done all of it inside but so much nicer sitting on Grand Street watching the world go by.

Another welcome to Ben. We're lucky in the NY metro area that there's always a couple of BOTLs that will get together from time to time. The board is fun, herfing is more fun.

Pics (and smart ass captions) will be up by the end of the day... at least most of the pics ... not sure if I can post the one of Kevin in the mini-skirt in good conscience.

NYLaw

Still learning...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I couldn't post earlier today... I'm freakin' busy outta my mind.

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for making this gig so welcoming. I really had a great time, getting to know everybody. There's so much shit about cigars -- types, brands, bands, sizes, wrappers, even VINTAGES/YEARS!!! that I don't know, although there's quite a bit that I do know.

You were all extremely generous in your offerings and, more importantly for me, in giving advice. I don't have to tell you guys that it adds to the enjoyment of a nice cigar to know more about it, and to talk about it with other people who know about it.

There's a concern that I have about showing proper thanks to you, which you may have picked up on, and we can address in PMs if you prefer- I can't wait to smoke each of the cigars that you guys shared with me, but I just don't feel right taking without giving back, you know? And I'm limited, because it's probably tough, or more accurately, impossible for me to have the "category" of cigars that you foks generally prefer. I just can't, and I know you guys understand that, even if it seems silly or...

So I guess I'm saying, first, that I'm definately IN on a monthly NYC-area herf... I'd love to do it in Manhattan again. Obviously I can do Queens. Even Jersey might work, although that might be harder for the city-men to get to. I just want to make sure that I'm showing my appreciation properly, in a way that shows you guys how much I appreciate your generosity...

He will discover he OWNS a bigger caddy
Crossbow: but I don't own a bigger caddy... I think I'll be looking for one soon, though! (I truly have no idea what you meant by that!)

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
There's a concern that I have about showing proper thanks to you, which you may have picked up on, and we can address in PMs if you prefer- I can't wait to smoke each of the cigars that you guys shared with me, but I just don't feel right taking without giving back, you know? And I'm limited, because it's probably tough, or more accurately, impossible for me to have the "category" of cigars that you foks generally prefer. I just can't, and I know you guys understand that, even if it seems silly or...

No need for a big thanks, it was a tradition bestowed on each of us at our first get togethers and now passed along. Just show up at the next one and bring some nice looking interns.

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
NYLaw, you'll learn soon enough that this is part of the joy of the brotherhood. To bestow and share cigars and knowledge to fine brothers of the leaf like you. Remember, return favors don't always have to be vintage cigars. Find out what coffee they like to drink, liquor or brandy they like to sip while smoking, etc.
Just an idea but for the most part I'm pretty sure they'd soon echo Larry's statement above.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Sorry I couldn't post earlier today... I'm freakin' busy outta my mind.

Busy, what did you have some more warrants to write up!!!

How about a get out of jail free card as a thank you for cigars!!!!:smokingbo

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Ben, enjoys the cigars. Enjoy the comradery. Enjoy the herfing.

There's never a quid pro quo or even a squid pro roe as Austin Powers would say.

It's all about the brotherhood, as Brother Roman would say.

And after you become a FOG ... just pass it along.

Pics are posted here