What's new

Humi in Carry-On

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
or just get one of these for your lighters http://www.elighters.com/tranzpack.html
Sorry, they don't let those on the plane either, regardless of what is claimed. The TSA regs say if the torch lighter is empty you can carry it on...I've twice had to go check my bag w/ an empty lighter or give it to them...my bag was checked. They don't care what the regs are, they're not letting you on w/ a torch. It's stupid. The first time was after buying a new Xikar from CMac. Left it in the box, empty and had 4 TSA agents arguing over it. 2 showing the new Reg saying I could carry it on, 2 looking at an outdated Reg saying I couldn't. They made me check my bag.

Note: from your link:
As of August 4, 2007, the butane filled torch lighters are only allowed to be carried in checked luggage as long as they are in this TSA approved torch lighter carrying case.

Key word: Checked.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Sorry, they don't let those on the plane either, regardless of what is claimed. The TSA regs say if the torch lighter is empty you can carry it on...I've twice had to go check my bag w/ an empty lighter or give it to them...my bag was checked. They don't care what the regs are, they're not letting you on w/ a torch. It's stupid. The first time was after buying a new Xikar from CMac. Left it in the box, empty and had 4 TSA agents arguing over it. 2 showing the new Reg saying I could carry it on, 2 looking at an outdated Reg saying I couldn't. They made me check my bag.

Note: from your link:
As of August 4, 2007, the butane filled torch lighters are only allowed to be carried in checked luggage as long as they are in this TSA approved torch lighter carrying case.

Key word: Checked.
Oh my bad, i looked back on his post and now realize that he wont be checking any bags. i never thought you could take it in your carry on.