What's new

Humi Shopping???

Jagstownville

Voodoo Mafia Family Inc.
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Ok, you bums have helped to drive me over the edge! LOL I have been shopping online for a new 'larger' humi. I am really down to two different ones. One being the Vicksburg through BarginHumidor and the other being this Trivoli Humi @ Tampa Humidor

The Vicksburg is a great bang for the buck. 500 cap for less than $100. The Trivoli stores around 1k and is priced a little over $300 and I think it is a little nicer looking. Not taking anything away from the Vicksburg but IMO the Trivoli is a step up.

I think I will ponder this for another couple of days. Any thoughts?

Jags

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Jags,
I have the Vicksburg and love it. I have had it about a year and it holds humidity like a rock. Its a better price now than what I paid for it too!
Just remember it says it will hold 500 sticks but it is more like 300 if they are Toro and Robusto sized like I smoke. It would probably hold 500 Corona's or Petite Corona's. The bigger the smoke, the less the humi will hold. It is a solid humidor and worth the money.
Good luck with your decision.

Jagstownville

Voodoo Mafia Family Inc.
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
If I go with the Vicksburg, can I get away with using 1 or 2 lbs. of 65% beads? Probably going to go ahead and get an Oasis anyway, just looking for thoughts on the beads.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
If your thinking of the Tivoli, why not look at the antiem & manassas at BH.
I have the manassas.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Just this past week, I got my Legacy from Tampa; 7 drawers...very nice (will actually hold about 175 or so. I just needed somewhere to store my "getting ready" stash and this seemed to fit the bill perfectly. I have a converted Haier wine cooler with the larger portion of my stuff in it for safekeeping...:smile:

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I was just down at Tampa Humidor on Wednesday and bought the Trivoli. I really like it, but I wish it had a glass top. It is now stable at 68%. I am using an old cigar oasis as the primary humidification source, but I also have a new cigar oasis which I have set to like 65% just in case. Also, if you go with the Trivoli, then make sure you ask them for a separate tray to put more singles in (unless you have a shitload of boxes). Also, it won't hold nearly as many boxes of 25 as it claims. My guess is 750 cigars max.