What's new

Humidification device

c10bonanza

Officially Clueless
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you prefer to use to control humidity? I see quite a few topics on beads. Is the best/easiest method?

Also, from searching older threads I have noticed that most people like their RH to be around the 64%-66% level.

I have always heard that optimum RH is 70%. What are the benefits of having it lower than this? Can you really tell much difference in cigar that was stored at either level?

Thanks for everyone's tips, opinion and patience. I am learning! :scratchhe

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I'm a bit of a Newb myself, but I have been using Vipe's beads for about 6 months now, and all 3 of my humis and my coolidor keep a perfect 65%.

From what I've read, some BOTLs prefer their NC cigars at 70% and their Habanos at 65%. My experience has been that I like both at 65%, they seem to burn easier and better at 65%.

But the beads are the CHIT!!

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Before joining here I was keeping my smokes, all NC at the time, at 70%. I went to 65% since and they definetly smoke better. :thumbsup:

c10bonanza

Officially Clueless
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Viper139 said:
Or a Heartfelt Custom Cabinet :grin:
Someday Viper...I will place an order. It will be years down the road, but I drool just looking at your website pictures. Craftmanship at its finest. Do you have any other pictures of completed humi's?

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
c10bonanza said:
Someday Viper...I will place an order. It will be years down the road, but I drool just looking at your website pictures. Craftmanship at its finest. Do you have any other pictures of completed humi's?
I am in the process of a complete redesign of my web site.... Soon

Thanks for the compliment as well.....

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
C10-

I found that in order to get my cooler-dor to stay at around 65%, I had to get 70% beads. Since I started using beads and got everything tweaked, I don't even use hygros anymore. I'll stick one in every few months or so just to spot-check it, but for the last year the beads have been right on.

You might have to tinker with the right percentage beads, but they are WELL worth it.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Viper's beads are definately the way to go. I put it off for a long time, as I was using watersorb crystals, but they require a lot of maintainance, sometimes they develop mold. They're a good product, but they just don't do the job the beads do.

I even ordered some empty tubes,:clap: (Just talk to the man, he'll work with you), for my travel humis and small humidors.

I now check my coolidors about once in a blue moon, and they're always spot on!:thumbsup: