What's new

Humidifier : Hockey Puck is a Schmuck

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I don't get in the acessories threads much, however just to share a recent incident here. A co-worker got a small desktop +10 Humidor deal. He leaned on me for some advice and I helped him out.
He's got a solid top instead of glass top. He's updated his hygrometer to digital, and is weighing his options for humidity control.

He seasoned his humi ( was 60% RH "out of box" ) and he claims his ( included) puck is not doing anything. Seal test good, stuck at 65%RH.
Sans our conversatiion, the short story is I gave him a puck I no longer use to resolve. Mine was modified and has a coral sponge in it. Will work until he goes Bodeva or beads or something...

He takes his puck apart to investigate. It had the green "floral bar" material. It does not absorb water. He has the media out of the puck, and distilled water just rolls off it. He puts it in a bowl of water, it floats on top. He puts a shot class on top to hold it down. After this for 10 minutes, the green puck is examined, and determined to not have absorbed anything. Amazing. Just an FYI out there.

Last edited: