What's new

Humidity adjustment

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,
Any thought on fan placement in cabinets I’m having difficulty getting an even distribution with higher levels of humidity on the bottom of my cabinet. I’ve place one small cpu fan on bottom shelf facing up but still humidity favoring the bottom I’m running the fan for a min every 20 mins. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to avoid purchasing multiple media’s for humidication the cabinet has an electronic device on the bottom but...

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
IMO bovedas work really well. I have a newair CC300H and I put 320 gram bovedas on the shelves and on the bottom and my RH never varies more then 1%+/-
Issue with the electronic ones is they just add humidity, they dont remove it. The bovedas and heartfelt beads(i think, i havent used the heartfelt though there is a lot of good info here on them though) will actually absorb and release moisture as needed.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the technology works great but again just trying my best to even this thing out without going down that road I feel like it’s really a circulation issue

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Make sure there is a clear path for the air to move up through the cabinet. If you can pull your shelves away from the back of the cabinet or just leave some open space in your shelves above the fan. Could be any number of factors, fan not strong enough, too crowded etc.

I have two fans in my little Newair. One on the bottom and one about halfway up, Seems to work pretty well

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My fans are on the back wall blowing air up. I pull my drawers out as far to the front of the unit as possible leaving a gap along the backwall. I also don't densely pack cigars in the area directly over the fan(s). The idea is to provide a path for the moving air to travel. I used to keep my NewAir so full the fans where spinning away but not circulating the air through the entire unit.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understood thanks for the insight that makes sense may do some Re-arranging