What's new

Humidity gone to hell

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Man, I'm sorry to see this happen. Pain in the butt to be sure!

I wish I could offer more help, but I mentioned everything I could think of in the PM! Please keep up posted on what happens.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Update on my humidity problem. First off, thanks to everyone for their help.

I decided the Oasis was shot and got rid of it. For now I am only using the beads and things are better, not great, but better.

With the beads my humidity still seems to "swing" quite a bit. It varies from the low 60's to the low 70's, but generally hovers around the 65% mid point. I don't like the swings, but for now I will leave things alone and see how it goes.

A new oasis may be in my future...

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
w/in the last few days, all my humi's are waaaaay down. my new savoy humi dipped below 50 rh....

i've been running the a/c in my den and added extra beads to the humi
s.... i assumed this occurred due to the incredibly dry weather we've been having.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
w/in the last few days, all my humi's are waaaaay down. my new savoy humi dipped below 50 rh....

i've been running the a/c in my den and added extra beads to the humi
s.... i assumed this occurred due to the incredibly dry weather we've been having.
Leaker? Are you opening it a lot?

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
define a lot? once a day, maybe??
More than once a day. Sounds like a leaker unless you are really dropping the temp in the room substanially. Its been dry as hell and my cooler with the foamseal has not budged. My 200 count discount humi has dropped. The question now is what can we do to seal it better.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
mike, if this fridge is sealed well, and the cooling in not running, its hard to figure whats wrong.