What's new

Humidor question

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
So guys, do you ever have to reseason a humidor? Lets say your favorite desktop and you are in and out of it often. Does it ever get to the point where it doesn't have the righ humidity in the wood anymore and would need to be reseasoned? I have a full 100 ct. desktop with probably twice the amount of beads in it that would be required for a humi that size. I can't seem to get the humidity up over 65%. I know that is an ideal range but I have 70% beads in it now. I mean like almost 2/3's of a pound in one humi and they are all clear too. still only 64-67%. And yes my Hygrometer is dead on. I NEED Help? Well not serious but it has me puzzled!!:argh:

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
kelly...

I don;t think there's a need to reseason a humi...especially if there is constantly a hunidifying agent in it. as far as your humidity issue...I wouldn;t worry about it . your right...your at an optinal humidity right now and I'm having similar issues with my humidity, i actually threw in a few humidipaks to try to get it as moist as I like. I think the dry winter air is messing with a lot of people this time of year.

just my $.02

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
YEP, THAT IS MY FAVORITES HUMI. Oh well, 65% is good for my special cigars so it can be alright for my non specials too.

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
ditto on what everyone else has said. i notice that i have a slight problem keeping my rh up in the winter. damn dry air. just like with the higher humidity in the summer, my rh is just a touch higher. youve got a damn glass top. look before you open!!! LOL

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
ditto on what everyone else has said. i notice that i have a slight problem keeping my rh up in the winter. damn dry air. just like with the higher humidity in the summer, my rh is just a touch higher. youve got a damn glass top. look before you open!!! LOL

I now have a glass top too but it's one of those things... just gotta touch 'em!

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Your set up sounds good, 65% with 70% beads is good for any sticks. Your ambient RH in WI is close to about 20 right now I would guess. Seems when the air is cold, harder to keep the RH higher with passive beads vs an active system like an Oasis. Wait till summer and your beads start absorbing the RH. No need to re season your dor.

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Your set up sounds good, 65% with 70% beads is good for any sticks. Your ambient RH in WI is close to about 20 right now I would guess. Seems when the air is cold, harder to keep the RH higher with passive beads vs an active system like an Oasis. Wait till summer and your beads start absorbing the RH. No need to re season your dor.

yeppers although my outdoor hygro reads about 30-35%. warmed up to 40 degrees yesterday and actually hit 40%!!!

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
yeppers although my outdoor hygro reads about 30-35%. warmed up to 40 degrees yesterday and actually hit 40%!!!

Inside RH is what I am refering to as where the humidor is located will be super low usually especially with forced gas heat might be under 10%. As outside temps rise, your ice and snow melts; makes sense your RH is rising now.

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
yea, outside is a lot higher!!. the same model hygro that i have in my desktop i also have on a shelf next to the humi. its about 25-27 all the time. damn natural gas heat is DRY!!!