What's new

Hurricane Harvey Relief

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Any BOTLs in the area, or planning to head that way? Water levels are starting to drop, and some places beginning the cleanup. Licenses are handled by localities, but no license is req'd in most cases (although it'll be a while before any rebuilding starts). People are STILL trapped in their flooded homes in some locations as of right now... Countless boats are en route to assist with rescues. Church groups, businesses, etc. are sending supplies (hopefully Red Cross won't dump them like they did after Katrina).
So, just checking around... We're going to be coming from MS with a tent, and a truck full of tools and supplies. Are there are any brothers in the area that can help? Where to go/not go, places to set up camp, places in need, etc. With so many people displaced, and so many more en route, any help will be greatly appreciated!

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
That's good shyt man I wish I could go. "Pray for Houston" posts have annoyed me to the point I'm like f*ck your prayers and thoughts posts DO something!!! The internet has made people so lazy. It's like they post that shyt cuz it's cool to do. I've given blood and donated to local (Houston) food banks and diaper banks. so good to see people mobilizing

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Well, we made it down... and back.
We were only able to catch up with our group for a supply drop. The TX I-10 border is pretty much shut down to all "unofficial" traffic. The group I'm working with is mostly veterans, but even with training, they've been extremely limited on what they can actually do.. My little 14' Jon boat isn't even being allowed in the water due to capacity and propulsion requirements..
BUT! With that being said, there's an army of official S&R teams from all over the country down there. Plenty of equipment, and thousands of volunteers helping with the Red Cross. Donations are steadily pouring in, and from what I could see, they're being put to good use. It's going to be a long road to recovery, but with the unbreakable spirit most of the folks I met had, there's no doubt they'll bounce back from this.
We'll continue to help however we can, even if it's just logistical. From what we've seen, it'll still be a WHILE before the "official" help is fully up to the task, but the worst is over.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I really feel for the people of east Texas and what they are going through. It will take several months to clean up all of the damage and dispose of it. That's a lot of sheet rock, furniture, mattresses, cars etc to find a place for. And then construction and recovery will begin.